share rss forum feed

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY
kudos:9

[TWC] Success!

Got my new modem SB6141 provisioned in less than 3 minutes from TWC Syracuse (not including hold time of 20 min.) Hooked up my new modem up w/ a splitter so I could call them on my own VoIP and all was good.

jimk
Premium
join:2006-04-15
Raleigh, NC
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·voip.ms

1 recommendation

said by PCInTech:

Got my new modem SB6141 provisioned in less than 3 minutes from TWC Syracuse (not including hold time of 20 min.) Hooked up my new modem up w/ a splitter so I could call them on my own VoIP and all was good.

You are lucky on the hold time. I had to wait an hour and 10 minutes (Raleigh, NC market). That being said, once someone finally answered, the process for activating my new modem was painless (as it should be... all you really have to give them is the MAC address of the new modem).

Racerbob
Premium
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
kudos:1

1 recommendation

reply to PCInTech

I had quite a wait time. Finally got connected with a customer support agent in North Carolina of all places. She asked where I was located and stated that she really wasn't supposed to activate my modem from there, but she did anyway. LOL So my 6141 is up and running fine and my old modem has been returned as of 5:00 today.

But as an added bonus, since I had a question about my bill, she connected me with a promotions department and even though my billing question was not totally answered, I was offered an additional $5 a month off my bill for the next six months. LOL. Guess that the guy was in a giving mood. Hopefully my billing question gets answered soon also.

PCInTech
keeping art alive since 1953
Premium
join:2004-06-07
Massena, NY
kudos:9
Reviews:
·VOIPO

Yes, it really was painless, just read them off the MAC, and BOOM, it was up and running. I'll bring back their SB5101 tomorrow, which was only working marginally for Turbo, even though they claimed it was "good enough". I'm now experiencing rock-steady, constant speeds, exceeding even what I'm paying for, with 4 bonded channels and near-perfect signal stats. Life is good!

ltm320

join:2002-02-24
Milwaukee, WI
reply to PCInTech

You were lucky.

I tried to provision my 6141 first on chat .. waited 10 minutes and never moved up the queue, so called. Spoke to someone who transferred me into silence, so hung up after about 5 minutes. Called back, spoke to someone again, got disconnected after a while again. Called back, it took 25 minutes before the call was complete.

Terrible.