Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Bamafan2277

join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN
reply to mob

Re: Wow, what a boring car

Watch out for the power steering on those Malibu's. I had a 07 that had the power steering control module fail 4 times in 8 weeks. Brand new dealer parts every time. Chevy told me there was no known issue with it. If you google Chevy Malibu Power Steering look how many complaints come up.

Their customer service even had the guts to tell me that since I was not a "loyal gm customer" there was nothing they could do for me. I have owned 4 cars until that time and 3 were GM vehicles. I had to pay $1000 to get the power steering fixed the first time after it failed in my parking lot. The 2nd time I was on the interstate doing 65 when it decides to just stop working and pull to the left. It took all my strength to keep from hitting other cars.

I ended up having 4 new Power Steering Control Modules put in the car in 2 months. after the 4th went in I drove right to a Kia dealer and traided it in on a brand new 2012 Optima.

Chevy refuses to do a recall on the 07 model but they did on a bunch of models before 07 and after 07. I still have my reciepts and if there ever is a recal I will be filing my claim to get my money back plus 20% interest from Gubment motors.