Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

curiousdude

@telus.net

[Mobility] *.telusroam.com

Click for full size
?.telusroam.com

Recently received a msg from 7 6 2 - *. im curious, is this a legit telus domain? I "searched" it and found conflicting information.

There was a link on google, but when i click on it "page not found"
»www.telusmobility.com/en/BC/US/h···12.shtml

Here is another link that talks about roaming found on another forum, but there is mo mention of the domain *.telusroam.com
»www.howardforums.com/showthread.···Roam-com links to »www.telusmobility.com/en/AB/US/h···12.shtml

seems like theirs lots of telus peps here, so was curious if it can be confirmed?

I also received a very strange # call the phone around the same time.

strange

tia

nss_tech

join:2007-07-29
Edmonton AB
You must not have searched in the right (normal) places. It's also NOT mobility related. The domain *appears* to be legit and loads just fine when you type it in a browser. As for the message on your phone, no idea.

curiousdude

@telus.net
said by nss_tech:

You must not have searched in the right (normal) places. It's also NOT mobility related. The domain *appears* to be legit and loads just fine when you type it in a browser. As for the message on your phone, no idea.

It's also NOT mobility related. The domain *appears* to be legit

Huh? Its "not mobility related" but "the domain *appears* to be legit"?
I guess I was trying to find out if it was sent from "Telus"or is it a sneaky scam?

Here is the screen cap txt. I covered the linkid for privacy.

nss_tech

join:2007-07-29
Edmonton AB
reply to curiousdude
Did you make any changes to your cell plan, like adding roaming data?

pfak
Premium
join:2002-12-29
Vancouver, BC
reply to curiousdude
[peter@crash ~]$ dig telusroam.com ns

; <<>> DiG 9.8.1-P1 <<>> telusroam.com ns
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 34165
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 2, AUTHORITY: 0, ADDITIONAL: 2

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;telusroam.com.                 IN      NS

;; ANSWER SECTION:
telusroam.com.          86400   IN      NS      dns1.cidc.telus.com.
telusroam.com.          86400   IN      NS      dns2.cidc.telus.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
dns2.cidc.telus.com.    58587   IN      A       66.203.199.203
dns1.cidc.telus.com.    58587   IN      A       216.123.224.131

;; Query time: 242 msec
;; SERVER: 204.14.120.78#53(204.14.120.78)
;; WHEN: Wed Nov 14 18:06:31 2012
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 112

Legit!

--
The more I C, the less I see.

curiousdude

@telus.net
reply to nss_tech
said by nss_tech:

Did you make any changes to your cell plan, like adding roaming data?

nss_tech
No, I made no changes what so ever, and found it odd because I never seen telus refer me to this (sub)domain before. And just out of the blue as well.

pfak
I as well queried the ip address {66.203.201.95} to, it does look like its under the telus realm, but doesn't mean someone just set it up on the own accord at home or where ever connected to telus.

With all the phishing scams out there cant be to careful! I don't know, still seems unusual to me, Maybe worth a call or something.

WhosTheBosch

join:2009-12-02
reply to curiousdude
Apparently Telus Mobility turned on International calling for everyone by default now instead of having you call in to turn it on. This is what may have triggered the message.

On an unrelated note, why can't Telus give us the $5 off or whatever it is that Rogers and Bell offer their customers out east for having all services with them. I guess that's why they haven't changed the mobile name even though the companies were technically merged a few years ago.

yuuupp

@telus.net
reply to curiousdude
If you are near the border and get locked to a U.S. tower signal, something like that message will be sent to you.

I have 'international data roaming' turned off on my Android, so all I get is something about international rates would be applied if I were to use whatever..... etc...