Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

[BT] Demonoid Is Back - Sort Of

quote:
Demonoid is rising from the ashes as its tracker is now back online. The site is not operational yet but getting its tracker back online is the first sign of its comeback.

The BitTorrent tracker was taken down back in July as a form of a gift from the Ukrainian government to the US via an armed raid. Ukraine’s government wanted to get on the good side of the US and since they’re so busy with tackling pirates and protecting copyrighted files, they thought taking down Demonoid, which is hosted in their country, was a gift befitting.
quote:
[...] Demonoid shifted to using hosting sites in Hong Kong. Though the trackers are back online, there’s still no news as to when the site will be fully restored. Fans can only hope that the site will be fully restored in the coming weeks.
Article

--
Donne-moi des peanuts, j’m’en va te chanter "Alouette" sans fausse note

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Midland, ON
kudos:3

not sure I'd trust the site anymore being as they tried to sell it after it went down.

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico

said by TOPDAWG:

not sure I'd trust the site anymore being as they tried to sell it after it went down.

The few staff that were left were in a real tight spot after and during the legal issues. The domain may have been 4Sale but I don't recall seeing that. And, that's a minute portal of the Demonoid timeline, of late.

Many would like to see them back, I used Demo often, wish them well and hope to see the gang back in some shape or form soon.