Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to zacron

MVM

to zacron
That might explain why he hasn't answered any MLPPP-related e-mails for ages.

zacron
Premium Member
join:2008-11-26
Frozen Hoth

zacron

Premium Member

It's too bad he didn't say goodbye or so-long soo sad.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Guspaz

Premium Member

to Guspaz
said by Guspaz:

That might explain why he hasn't answered any MLPPP-related e-mails for ages.

So did Caneris abandon their joint-venture with Acanac with that OpenWRT based MLPPP solution?

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to zacron

MVM

to zacron
I don't know, all I can say is that OpenWRT/MLPPP, which is rather buggy, hasn't seen an update in over a year. And since our plan was to transition Tomato/MLPPP development to them, there is basically nobody currently working on any MLPPP projects.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

well to be fair, demand for MLPPP has probably dived down to near zero... throttling is gone, so no need for single link, and higher speed dsl is available, so is tpia cable in most of the areas....

MLPPP was great and served a great purpose...

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to zacron

MVM

to zacron
Yeah, people like me who are bonding together multiple 25 meg DSL lines are probably pretty rare.

CanerisErik
Caneris
Premium Member
join:2007-10-03
Toronto, ON

CanerisErik to zacron

Premium Member

to zacron
Hi,

I appreciate everyone's interest and I'm sorry that I didn't say goodbye here. While I miss DSLR, there's not much that I can contribute in a meaningful way now due to not being in the industry.

It's been a very challenging year both personally and professionally. Over a year ago I've left Caneris and telecom unofficially and this summer I formally resigned as Director and CTO and parted with my shares. Caneris remains in good hands with Erjon.

Now I work in a similar technical leadership role in the SaaS world (at Uberflip), which is pretty exciting!

BTW, not sure to which e-mails Guspaz is referring as I still have forwarding of my @caneris.com e-mail.

Erik

Guspaz
Guspaz
MVM
Montreal, QC

Guspaz to zacron

MVM

to zacron
The last one that I didn't get a reply to was in February, but there were a few earlier than that where discussions died waiting for additional information. I'm not trying to be accusatory or anything, it was just meant as an "Oh, I guess that explains it." kind of thing.
jumpingryan
join:2008-07-27
Pembroke, ON

jumpingryan to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

well to be fair, demand for MLPPP has probably dived down to near zero... throttling is gone, so no need for single link, and higher speed dsl is available, so is tpia cable in most of the areas....

MLPPP was great and served a great purpose...

I used to have MLPPP not necessarily to beat the throttle, but to just short of double my speed.... I loved it, and MLPPP still serves a purpose in providing undeserved areas who have minimal dsl a way to upgrade their service by paying more....

The true issue with the popularity of MLPPP was simplicity.... To the technically inclined, it is/was simple.

To the average Internet user, terms like"flashing", bios, PPP, and in some cases DSL modem were beyond the understanding they wanted for faster YouTube. It was hard to justify Improvement of their net connection if they just don't understand how to do it and how it works.

The undeserved areas will always exist until widespread fiber to the home rolls out (which will be a long way off). I urge the providers and developers to continue developing MLPPP to keep giving people like me who love rural living a high level of connectivity.

Thank-you for your work on this project to both providers and developers. At my next job move (in the summer), I will be looking forward to reviving MLPPP at my home!

Ryan

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

FiReSTaRT to zacron

Premium Member

to zacron
I heard he became a redneck