how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

toy4x4

join:2001-06-26
Jenks, OK

[CATV] Local Commercials Cutting Into Program

Ok, it's getting worse. I am seeing local commercials Cox is playing over the broadcast commercials cutting into the shows. Worst one I have seen is during the Colbert Report. Last night, there was some Asbestos commercial that cut off Colbert's introduction of Newt Gingrich. This seems to happen almost nightly.

Stop it please!

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

Not to mention their set top clocks are 30 seconds off, minor complaint but ti ruins DVR recordings.

I'm curious if the two situations are related..

-Rob

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:77
reply to toy4x4

If you could post details such as the date/time of occurrence (as specific as possible) the channel and what commercial and shows were involved it would be very helpful.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

It's happening here too, I would guess on all the channels, seen it on all the Disney and Viacom channels as well as HGTV's owned channels, they seem to be the worse.

-Rob

DumbAds

@anonymouse.org
reply to toy4x4

We've been noticing this occur for most of the year and assume that it is deliberate as it doesn't happen during the local news.
I guess they just can't wait to show their customers how they have invested their money by sinking it into producing commercials for both television and radio. Then spamming the bill envelope, the phone book, the mailbox, the park bench and the newspapers/ magazines as well as leasing space on billboards and sporting venues etc...

I don't see this attitude changing at all. Probably just get worse. I consider cox ads a slap in the face to the cox customer (hey look - we can waste your money). So, if they don't have a single problem with slapping the face of the people that put bread on their plate I would certainly believe that they have even less of a problem with slapping the face of people they pay.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

If Cox is getting funds from this, why not pass it to us? We already have a 24 hour infocrap channel on 39 here, I'm sure it's hardly watched by anyone, and if they are making money from these locally inserted ads, how about they freeze rate hikes on TV..

On a side note, local OTA's are not affected, only national fed networks. The worst channel has to be American Movie Commercials.

I already posted a thread about this, but it looks like this is nationwide, not here.

Here's an update, we had a repeat of the same locally inserted ad during Harry Potter on *.* Family (owned by Disney) I have a feeling this was done with intent.. but still annoying.

(ABC Family)

-Rob

toy4x4

Jenks, OK
reply to CoxTech1

It has been consistently happening during The Colbert Report here at 10:30pm on Comedy Central Channel 755. (Tulsa)

If you need more specific times I can go through several previous recordings and let you know.

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:77

If you could also describe what commercials are involved that helps a lot.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

It was an ad for a gold distributor here in town. Not sure why they had to air it twice in the same local insert

-Rob

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

Also, I do notice your clock on the cable box (effecting all recordings..) is off by about 45 seconds, I checked with my atomic clock and WWV, so not sure if that's a factor or not, but you need to sync your clocks to the clock in Bolder.

-Rob

toy4x4

Jenks, OK
reply to CoxTech1

Still happening during The Daily Show and The Colbert Report.

How is the best way to file a formal complaint locally?

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL

and on ABC Family

"BANDWIDTH BABY" tends to be the ad, as well as medical ads.

-Rob