BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by bigdaddy:

I was told that I could not by the product development Group that the the router in the modem has to hand out the IPs to the devices that I want to have static.

Um nooooo

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

1 edit

bigdaddy

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by bigdaddy:

I was told that I could not by the product development Group that the the router in the modem has to hand out the IPs to the devices that I want to have static.

Um nooooo

tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim to bigdaddy

to bigdaddy
said by bigdaddy:

Are you Sure you can still Bridge the Modem with Static IPs ? I was told that I could not by the product development Group that the the router in the modem has to hand out the IPs to the devices that I want to have static. In other words I would have to manually assign which static IP for ftp for router etc in those devices and then the router in the modem uses what's called pass-though to pass the static to the correct device. I know it did not make sense to me but that's how it was explained to me by PDG.

If you can Bridge the modem Then how do the Static IPs get Assigned. The modem has 4 ports can you assign each port to have a static IP if so how would you assign the fifth IP ?

Thanks BD

The computer (or other device) is set up for which IP it is to use, you can have a static IP wireless or hard wired and any port can do any of the IP's.

bigdaddy
join:2009-11-18

bigdaddy

said by tim tim tim:

said by bigdaddy:

Are you Sure you can still Bridge the Modem with Static IPs ? I was told that I could not by the product development Group that the the router in the modem has to hand out the IPs to the devices that I want to have static. In other words I would have to manually assign which static IP for ftp for router etc in those devices and then the router in the modem uses what's called pass-though to pass the static to the correct device. I know it did not make sense to me but that's how it was explained to me by PDG.

If you can Bridge the modem Then how do the Static IPs get Assigned. The modem has 4 ports can you assign each port to have a static IP if so how would you assign the fifth IP ?

Thanks BD

The computer (or other device) is set up for which IP it is to use, you can have a static IP wireless or hard wired and any port can do any of the IP's.

Thanks tim

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9 to bigdaddy

to bigdaddy
said by bigdaddy:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by bigdaddy:

Um nooooo

Um Yes and I have Name's of the three Reps I spoke with.

Um... no. I can take you to a dozen locations I have on biz class and prove otherwise.