join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

3 recommendations

reply to goalieskates

Re: What the heck, FBI?

The thing that's so hard to get a grasp of is why someone who is head of CIA would apparently assume that anything he did (especially on a network of any kind) wasn't being subjected to continual tracking/monitoring. In the belly of the beast, that's how the world works - and has to, given the occasional tendency for somebody to turn to the dark side. I would have thought Petraeus would have had at least an elemental understanding of basic tradecraft and how all of the 3-letter black agencies are wired to operate - particularly toward each other. To me, the biggest issue is not even that the affair happened, the nasty potential implications of such things (particularly the potential for extortion or blackmail), that it surfaced, or how. What is really the incredible issue is how a CIA head could live in a world of ignorance of such basics over a period of at least multiple months.
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

StuartMW
Who Is John Galt?
Premium
join:2000-08-06
Galt's Gulch
kudos:3
said by Blackbird:

What is really the incredible issue is how a CIA head could live in a world of ignorance of such basics over a period of at least multiple months.

Yeah, I'm sure a number of people in the CIA/FBI/NSA are having a good chuckle about that,
--
Don't feed trolls--it only makes them grow!