spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JTR
join:2012-05-19
Westmont, IL

JTR

"Real world test speeds"

Uhhhh nope. Not until I see a speedtest from speedtest.net, to a non-KC server, not to Google's local speedtest servers.

howardfine
join:2002-08-09
Saint Louis, MO

howardfine

Re: "Real world test speeds"

What, you think they're lyin' and can get away with it?

MonkeyLick78
join:2002-01-27
Hixson, TN

MonkeyLick78 to JTR

to JTR
said by JTR:

Uhhhh nope. Not until I see a speedtest from speedtest.net, to a non-KC server, not to Google's local speedtest servers.

Google isn't responsible for off-network speeds. The further away you are the more your speeds (especially upload) will suffer. As long as he's provisioned as advertised, Google is holding up their end of the bargain. Speedtest.net servers will not give an accurate result with this speed tier.
JTR
join:2012-05-19
Westmont, IL
MikroTik CCR2004-1G-12S-2XS
Asus RT-AC86
Asus RT-AC68

JTR

Actually, a minimum of 900Mbps is reasonable to expect from a good chunk of speedtest.net servers. The test being run here is to GOOGLE'S PRIVATE test servers, which is why I wanted to see some public test server results.

Proof that quite a few speedtest.net servers can handle 1Gbit+: »i.imgur.com/Qx9MH.png

More: »i.imgur.com/Pdlsg.png

I don't deny that testing the upload is difficult, and I don't expect to see gigabit upload at all. However, 900Mbps+ download speeds is a reasonable expectation. I've seen quite a few other people with servers that see similar results with their gigabit/multi-gigabit lines.

MonkeyLick78
join:2002-01-27
Hixson, TN

MonkeyLick78

It shouldn't be too long before someone with a beefy setup gives us some better speedtest results.