uniqs
share rss forum feed

gozer
Premium
join:2010-08-09
Rochester, NY
reply to Hank

Re: Frontier trying to get more money again

If you bill basically stayed the same You did the right thing and didn't get slammed into a new contract but the fact that whenthepawn had his bill go down he so got slammed. I think all of you should call and check if I'm right. Also Thepawn said the $1.00 charge had no info on his bill and only thing for a buck was a yahoo mail I will have to take a look. How can Frontier charge for something that is free? And the fact that as of now Frontier is in settlement negotiation over the HSI thing. I got this information from the law firm that is handling the HSI suit. So it looks like Frontier has just changed the name of the HSI charge even while involved in a action for this same fee. how bold is this of them, really takes some balls to do that. I wonder what the court would think of this. I am going to let Nichols Kaster »www.nka.com/case/frontier-communications
know about this latest fee.

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
Gozer I think the 3 part letter, a few weeks back, by the CSR had some validity to it. I am specifically speaking of the part where if mentioned that some of the CSR's needing additional training. That letter may have been a wake up for Frontier. As many in this forum can tell you I am often no fan of Frontier. But I do believe that they are at a point where they are attempting to make changes for the better in the Customer Service arena. I have noticed a change with the CSR's how they interact with their customers. Please don't misinterpret that, they have a way to go.

One of the problems with class action law suites is that the individuals that were impacted by the act that the suite was based on are not the ones that benefit from the suite. It is the attorneys.

I am just waiting for the improvements that Frontier claims they have made in our area to actually be implemented. I do see some slight improvements, but nothing significant yet. I, like others, believe they bit off more than they could handle when they purchased several service areas from Verizon. The excuse for poor network performance was that Verizon left them with a network that had not been maintained. I do not believe that was actually the basis for service degradation. As it was with Cox Communications when they purchased Media General Cable it was the integration of the two networks that caused service degradation.

Back to the point I was initially going to make is that it is the customer base that invariably causes the provider to make improvements by holding them accountable and to their word.

whenthepawn

join:2012-06-22
Martin, TN
reply to gozer
said by gozer:

the fact that whenthepawn had his bill go down he so got slammed. I think all of you should call and check if I'm right. Also Thepawn said the $1.00 charge had no info on his bill and only thing for a buck was a yahoo mail I will have to take a look.

I don't think I got slammed. You can read about what happened here: »[DSL] Inevitable Billing Nightmare? HELP!

My bill total is back where it used to be, but like I said, it has gone up by $1.00 according to this month's bill. However, I don't want to hijack Hank's thread with my issues.

I only mentioned the $1 increase because Hank said that the 2nd connect fee was $1.00 more than it should be.

I'm sure his [and my] charges are not related, but I found it funny how both of us have seen $1.00 increases without explanation.

bamaraid

join:2007-11-12
Shanks, WV
reply to Hank
Hank I agree the last two times I have spoken with a CSR I have had a good experience I.E. problems resolved then and there. I even had a CSR call me back and had my bill lowered (was paying 118 for phone and dsl) now its down to 90 and some change that includes my 2nd connect. I think Frontier is seeing the need to keep customers happy especially since they are trying to get into the Energy field now. Yes as Customers we are the ones that make or break a company, I think Frontier finally got to the point that if they lose revenue they won't be able to expand into other areas. But I do wish they would first and foremost make us dsl users happy I.E> up the speed for us rural areas that were not originaly Verizon cusomers

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
I thoroughly agree. I would like to see the improvements that the claim they have made. Cutting speed/service back because the system is oversold is not the answer. In our area it is just not internet that we have issues with, but it is also there are problems on the voice side. Particularly with voice mail and 800 routing. It is not unusual when you dial an 800 series number that it is mis-routed, even when calling numbers assigned to Frontier.

whenthepawn

join:2012-06-22
Martin, TN
Just thought I would throw this out there since I mentioned it earlier in the thread:

I went to my local Frontier office to ask about the $1.00 increase for the Internet on my November bill. I was told that it had increased by $1.00 because I was not locked into any term contracts for any of their services (and because the rate at which I'm being charged for Internet [$30.95/mo] is no longer offered.

I'm not sure if it makes any sense -- especially since I was put back on my original phone/Internet plan in August after complaining long enough. I guess I don't understand why I didn't see the $1.00 increase sooner?

At any rate, I added call waiting to my phone service and was told a little tidbit: If you want to add a SINGLE calling feature to your phone service, you have to do it in person because all of Frontier's calling features are almost always bundled into plans online.