spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

computerdoc

join:2012-08-06
Campobello, SC

628ms Ping & 1048ms of Jitter | NEED EQUIPMENT UPGRADE!

Click for full size
Service only continues to worsen. I honestly don't know how much slower this can get. This issue has been ongoing since July. PLEASE UPGRADE THE NEEDED EQUIPMENT AND RESTORE PROPER SERVICE!

»www.pingtest.net/result/72299098.png

Campobello, SC 29322

computerdoc

Campobello, SC
Let's try this again. Does anyone at Windstream see a problem with 628ms Ping & 1048ms of Jitter? I have been told that sometime in 2013 my problem may be fixed. THIS IS OBVIOUSLY UNACCEPTABLE.

As a paying customer geting the run-around, I simply won't accept the laziness and inexcusable delays in repairs. As I ask every week and month since this has started...

1. Where are we at in upgrading the hardware to an ethernet based connection?

2. Has the project to resolve this issue even started?

3. Exactly when in 2013 can I expect my services to return to acceptable speeds? Stating only a year gives the customer no idea or assurance of Windstream's competence (Which is highly questionable already).

computerdoc

Campobello, SC
reply to computerdoc
Are Windstream techs even partaking in this forum anymore? I"ve been given nothing but an empty 2013 time of ETR and that was given b/c my local office was supposedly in meetings all week and they couldn't be reached. I've seen bad customer support from multiple vendors but blatantly ignoring your clients is another thing.

WINDSTREAM TECHS, PLEASE RESPOND:

1. Where are we at in upgrading the hardware to an Ethernet based connection?

2. Has the project to resolve this issue even started? If not why and if so what is the official ETR?

3. Exactly when in 2013 can I expect my services to return to acceptable speeds? Stating only a year gives the customer no idea or assurance of Windstream's competence (Which is highly questionable already).

computerdoc

Campobello, SC
reply to computerdoc
Why does Windstream allow their lead engineers in each area to get away with not updating the system, their local techs or managers? The excuse is always "we apologize but here are no updates." Would a weekly or monthly notation really be that hard on them?

The massive lack of communication from the work field and home office to the phone and web based techs is as bad as it gets. Usually IT Managers of each region press hard on their team to not only strongly support their customers but improve upon anything possible on a daily, monthly basis. The engineers stating sometime in 2013 my services will be fixed isn't exactly being a proactive.

I understand "a plan is underway" but the admittance of the problem has been established since July. The leniency of time allowed from pointing out a problem and resolving it in your company is horrid. I'd even be happy at this point knowing its at least being worked on but for the strangest reason these Top Secret Engineers can't dare expose details on the progress of repair. Both alarming and embarrassing...

kosmickuntry

join:2002-03-06
Toccoa, GA
reply to computerdoc
I feel your pain. I have IM'd Windstream tech support for a month almost and they don't even respond anymore. Even a local tech that I am supposedly friends with, doesn't acknowledge my messages to him.

IowaMan
Premium
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to computerdoc
I also feel your pain, I don't have Windstream (anymore and will NEVER again) due to the support going downhill since Aaron from Windstream was moved on to another part of the company. Getting support from them is like pulling teeth, Case in point A few weeks ago I had a provisioning question/issue for a friend that took a week and a half to get resolved and the ONLY reason that it did was due to the fact that I have a family member working for Windstream. Yet, We use Mediacom because while he is a supervisior, it is his bosses boss that don't give two flips what happens. It really is disgusting. What should have been a two second fix at the DSLAM was a week and a half of hell.

Windstream lets see this for $54.00 a month

Wireless as well

computerdoc

Campobello, SC
reply to kosmickuntry
And when they do reply it's the same old apology followed by there are no updates. No reason why this lack of communication exists or that they'll be immediately following up with the local supervisor or engineer to gain information.

This equals out to a huge lack of respect for all paying customers. Not sure how they haven't got sued as of yet.

computerdoc

Campobello, SC
reply to IowaMan
Oh you are a lucky soul. If there was another ISP to choose from I would have jumped ship LONG ago. Aaron did help when he was here and confirmed that they overloaded the DSLAM and it could be September or October till Fiber was installed. To my knowledge the project hasn't even started. I get short answers and a possible 2013 ETR. I've never seen a company allow such negligence and not only that but get away with it for this long. So many people are paying for crippled speeds due to equipment Windstream refuses to upgrade. They'll eventually burn the company to the ground or get bought out at this rate.

If your family member is willing, please have them look into what's going on in my area and if there are really any updates - Campobello, SC 29322. Thanks =)

Piggie
I Actually use Windstream
Premium
join:2005-11-23
Orange Springs, FL
Odd, I too know 2 windstream field techs. Both have disappeared about Aug. Did they tell them to avoid customers?

computerdoc

Campobello, SC
Other then a "Copy and Paste" apology and no update available memo, that's about all you'll get. And to get that you'll need to post several requests for help. It's really sad this company has fallen to such low standards. At least in my area when Alltel was still in place they really tried hard to resolve all issues, communicated with the customer and kept everyone up to date on the progress of each ticket. Windstream does none of these.

computerdoc

Campobello, SC
I know by now the engineers are 100% useless in providing any details whatsoever regarding their job progress but could someone within Windstream please speak to their manager or the regional manager if need be and see where we are at with this. The no updates auto-response simply won't cut it anymore.

Someone knows something somewhere...that's a given. A plan doesn't take this long to get off the ground, someone is being dishonest or hiding something. I could let my boss and clients know tomorrow a plan is in the works for a problem they are having but without an update everyday or in the least every week, I would be let go immediately.

Someone please take action over there and find out what is being done at this moment for our oversold DSLAM. Order the equipment, dig the lines, do something for goodness sake and update your paying customers. I"ll await your answers...

Liv

@windstream.net
You do realize this is all over the country right, you are not alone and certainly not the first or the one of the ones experiencing this the longest. Their whole system needs an upgrade they oversold every coverage area tremendously, that wont happen. They will go under before they replace and upgrade all that equipment. But hey looky they are building multi million dollar offices to park their fat greedy behinds in. Dont look for the forum tech response either , they know this is cocked up they are going to keep mum on it.

computerdoc

Campobello, SC
Oh I'm wide aware unfortunately of just how widespread it is. That doesn't make the frustration any less rampant though. Being ignored and lied to over and over is just part of dealing with Windstream. Like others though I"ll continue to update and document my experience in hope that it might at some point cause a force of action from my local office. It's a long stretch but it's all I have at the moment. I also agree at this rate they will go under due to the their reputation falling lower and lower and their CEO just named one of the worst in the country. It's such a shame they are running the company into the ground. I just hope someone more responsible and most importantly someone that respects their customers buys them out.

computerdoc

Campobello, SC
reply to computerdoc
What I don't understand is Windstream has outsold the bandwidth to my DSLAM and countless others causing this need for upgraded hardware. This means they have more business than ever yet I'm told no money is available for repairs or upgrades till an undisclosed time in 2013. Where has all that money and the government funds gone?

Due to the company taking in too many customers per DSLAM, now we are all deemed to suffer b/c upper management doesn't want to spend all that extra cash in stabilizing their personal infrastructure that is currently overwhelmed from their own personal greed to make more bucks.

I work in the IT field and if your system's bandwidth is compromised by the addition of newer parts or services, you implement changes to alleviate that specific bottleneck. You don't make excuses. The logic Windstream management uses is unbelievable and pathetic at best. They are running the business into the ground and their only saving grace according to the techs, engineers and management is the possibility of new funds that will be available in 2013. Makes you wonder how it ever got this bad in the first place.

malianx

join:2012-11-24
Clarendon, TX
I imagine a lot of it is the 25% dividends they continue to pay out, higher than any other company in the industry.

computerdoc

Campobello, SC
reply to computerdoc
You could be right malianx.