spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dsldsl

@verizon.net

[DSL] dsl extreme order question

I current have verizon dsl/landline service and am thinking about switching to dsl extreme dry loop service. What is the best approach to do this switch, with minimal internet service down time? Do I call verizon and stop their service first and then place dslextreme order, or do I place the dslextreme order first and keep verizon landline number, and then convert to dry loop service?

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27

1 recommendation

Basically, call us, and when you place the order with us, let us know that you currently have a live line with DSL service that you'd like to convert to dryloop. The representatives will advise you to call VZ to add a remark to your VZ account 'authorizing a voice disconnect' (Do NOT call them and tell them to 'stop service'!). Then they will be able to process the order to take over the line and simultaneously convert it to dryloop.

thunder3dan

join:2012-11-29
Verizon doesn't allow DSL only service, so they won't allow authorizing a voice disconnect only. So does that make a difference?

dslx_nick
Premium,VIP
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA
kudos:27
Say how now wha? We do that all the time.

dslx_steve
Premium,VIP
join:2011-03-24
Winnetka, CA
kudos:6
reply to thunder3dan
thunder3dan: Verizon won't allow their customers to order dry loop but we can still order it. Weird but true.
Expand your moderator at work

MaDSL

@comcast.net
reply to dsldsl

Re: [DSL] dsl extreme order question

I switched from Verizon voice/3mps dsl to DSL Extreme dry loop 3 mps dsl in late October. (And dropped my bill from $57/mo to $28/mo.)

DSLExtreme placed a service request with Verizon. Verizon called and I explained what I was doing. Ten minutes later my voice line had no dial tone and I entered my DSL Extreme username and password into my router and I was back up with the same DSL service. Totally pain free.

It is stupid that Verizon won't provide dry loop service even though they do anyway through third parties.

David