how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

EmoHobo

join:2010-07-16
reply to EmoHobo

Re: Outage in Indiana on November 14th 2012

I thought they fixed the Bandwidth exhaust in my area, but clearly it's back again and it's so hard to convince them that there is actually an issue in the area, it took almost a year last time, I don't know if I can do that again.

EmoHobo

reply to EmoHobo

Had an outage about an hour ago, it lasted about only about ten minutes, I just wanted to see if anyone else suffered it.

ydoucare

join:2003-03-12
Lafayette, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by EmoHobo:

Had an outage about an hour ago, it lasted about only about ten minutes, I just wanted to see if anyone else suffered it.

No outage here in Rensselaer, IN.

EmoHobo

Thank you

beakerman

join:2001-02-11
Cottage Grove, MN
reply to EmoHobo

Next time you experience a suspected outage, try adjusting your DNS to OpenDNS or Google Public DNS.

I bet some of your outages are actually DNS outages rather than line outages. I had similar outages on Qwest and Comcast until I switched my DNS.

EmoHobo

reply to EmoHobo

Had another one around midnight to 2 am.

dgoner
Premium
join:2002-03-08
Knox, IN
reply to EmoHobo

I noticed an outage around midnight. Hopefully this is the long overdue upgrades in Northern Indiana. I'm noticing today I'm pulling IP's from a completely different range (184.xxx.xxx.xxx) and that my gateway IP has changed. We'll see how well service is after 6 or 7 PM tonight...

dgoner
Premium
join:2002-03-08
Knox, IN
reply to EmoHobo

Haven't seen speeds this good after all the kids in the area get home from school in a while... Dare I say they are adding capacity?

EmoHobo

reply to EmoHobo

Just had a disconnection that last about a half hour, the entire time I was on hold trying to get ahold of tech support.

EmoHobo

1 edit
reply to EmoHobo

Tonight Century Link is nothing but trouble, I don't know if it's DNS problems or what but I can pretty much only connect to IRC and Google, by some miracle I managed to get on here.

Just got off the phone with them and they said they have someone working on the lines so that it's an outage in my area, I wish they'd announce these middle of the night services and how do we have these like once a week but the service never improves?

Technicholas

join:2010-11-11
Winterset, IA
Reviews:
·Mediacom
·CenturyLink
reply to EmoHobo

I have been having similar issues in Iowa the network just goes stupid, seems like they are messing with the Gateway 2nd hop. It goes fast then slow then fast again, I know someone in Des Moines and they are having the same issue when I was having the problem. Seems like they are messing with things, I don't get disconnected from IRC when this happens just cannot surf. But I have good DNS.

EmoHobo

1 edit

Having the same issue again tonight, I haven't called yet as I'm giving them time to fix it, but it seems to happen once a week now.

Edit: Just go off with Tech Support and they think it's my modem though in the middle of the call everything started working fine again, just like last time when they said it was someone working on the lines.

GetMoney

join:2010-06-11
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

Have you ever said one thing positive about CTL? I was just looking at some of your older posts and you have ALWAYS said you are the paying customer, but you had a recent thread about you changing an account into your name. No offense but you seem to have an agenda against CTL. Got anything positive to say about them?

EmoHobo

When they work, which is most times, they are very reliable, I almost always have the speed I pay for except for a brief time where there was an exhaust in the area.

I mostly only come on here to report a problem I am having with them and you're right, I did transfer it all under my name recently where as it used be my old roommate who was taking care of it, but he moved out in January.

I suppose I should get on and share when I'm having a positive experience, but honestly I don't really see a point to it, as usually when I'm here, it's to get help with my ISP or to confirm if things are acting up in other areas.

GetMoney

Sorry to give you a hard time. I'm still trying to figure out what an EmoHobo is

EmoHobo

It's a reference to a web comic.

GetMoney

Nothing more? I feel slightly let down.. I was thinking it was was purple haired homeless hippy of sorts, probably with a clown nose

EmoHobo

reply to EmoHobo

It happened again but it didn't even last 15 minutes this time, they where pretty helpful on the phone, even told me a few tests to run next time, as it came back like a minute into the conversation with the guy on the phone.

So hopefully with these new tests if it returns I can diagnose the problem and find out if it's a bad modem or not.

dprosie

@embarqhsd.net

I've noticed it every time you've noted, EmoHobo. Saw it today at 3:45pm.

The worst part for me is that it knocks out XBL service, and xbox is my primary Netflix device at night. Sometimes netflix still works, but I have no way of watching it from bed.

It's not your modem.

Northern Indiana here, btw.

EmoHobo

Northern Indiana here as well, please can you call it in, I'd love to have more reports of it as they seem to think it's just me.

ydoucare

Lafayette, IN

Same thing happened here. Looked to be past Centurylink's network, so probably a backbone issue somewhere. I could reach certain sites like Google ok, but everything else suffered about 90% packet loss.

ydoucare

Lafayette, IN
reply to EmoHobo

Same thing is happening now, this time they're saying it might not be back up until tomorrow morning.

EmoHobo

reply to EmoHobo

I was just going to post to ask if you where having the same issue.

ydoucare

Lafayette, IN
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..

said by EmoHobo:

I was just going to post to ask if you where having the same issue.

Yeah, I called the ctl business support line and they said they didn't expect it to be fixed until tomorrow morning. Both my home and work connection are affected.
--
Asus P5N-E SLI|Q6600|2 GB DDR2 800|2x8800GT SLI|X-Fi Elite Pro|Hauppauge PVR-150MCE|Win7|Sony Vaio VGN-CR290|Embarq 5000/768|Netgear WGR614v8

EmoHobo

Yeah, they told me the same thing, but they said most likely it would be finished sometime tonight. So I'm expecting tomorrow in the late afternoon.

EmoHobo

reply to EmoHobo

This site seems to be working now, but nothing else, so maybe things are getting better.