how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Beardsley

join:2008-11-27
reply to Krisnatharok

Re: Blizz: authenticator lawsuit "patently" false

Can you replace the battery in the authenticator? Mines taking a few presses these days before the code comes up so I think the battery is on its way out. If I can't replace the battery I'll need to buy a replacement fob.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
I think that would cause it to be "disabled".

I'd replace it before it dies, from what I read, it sounds like a hassle to get it removed from the account, so you can add a new one.

This link shows the inside of the authenticator:

»midnightsyndicate.eu/forum/read/2576

I'm thinking the software is wiped once the battery is removed, hence why no battery replacement.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Beardsley
said by Beardsley:

Can you replace the battery in the authenticator? Mines taking a few presses these days before the code comes up so I think the battery is on its way out. If I can't replace the battery I'll need to buy a replacement fob.

That would likely reset the clock (at best) in it rendering all of its codes invalid, or if the programing is stored in ram instead of rom then it could lose the programing.

If you want to test it I'd suggest first remove it from your account
next replace the battery
then re-add it

as you have to provide 2 codes and the serial I'd hope that the new codes would tell bnet the time in the auth effectively.

Beardsley

join:2008-11-27
reply to Beardsley
Thanks for the replys guys. I don't think I'll take the risk of the battery running out, I'll order a replacement from Blizzard when I get home tonight.