spc
uniqs

facepalm
join:2012-08-20
Lumberton, TX

facepalm to I AM

to I AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 Thread

A couple of weeks ago I was able to play the game from a zoomed out perspective. This is nothing I did on my part. It just showed up. However, now it appears to be gone and I can't find any settings to get it back. Anyone have any insight?

Koil
Premium Member
join:2002-09-10
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

You sure you didn't change anything....they've been working on this:

»forum-en.guildwars2.com/ ··· eta-Test

I use it, and it's definitely better with it enabled, imo, but you have to manually turn it on, afaik, so not sure how yours would have been switched on and then off without interaction.

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

facepalm

/sigh Webcentzd. I'll read it when I get home. I don't think I changed anything, at least not intentionally. lol

Thanks for the help.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

I don't see any patch notes posted yet, so you are not missing anything. For some reason I can access the official forums. I suspect one or more of the IT guys plays this game and wants to read it, so made an exception in Websense for it haha.

If there are patch notes/leaks elsewhere, I don't know about it yet.

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil to facepalm

Premium Member

to facepalm
This was implemented towards the end of Oct, so this isn't breaking news or anything.

Text from the link I gave above:

FOV (Field of View) Changes Beta Test

Were ready to beta test a change to our FOV (Field of View) that should provide a better experience for those with widescreen monitors. We want your feedback about the change to help us decide whether to deploy it to all players.
To help test, youll need to add a special command line to your GW2 clients shortcut. Heres how:
1) Create a shortcut to your GW2 client (right-click -> Create Shortcut)
2) Right-click the GW2 client shortcut
3) Click Properties
4) Locate text field labeled Target.
It should contain the file path of your shortcut, and will look something like this:C:\Games\Gw2\Gw2.exe
5) Type -testVerticalFov at the end of the Target line
Be sure to include a space between .exe and -test.
The line should look like this: C:\Games\Gw2\Gw2.exe -testVerticalFov
Please note that your Target line may or may not have quotation marks. If it does have quotation marks, this tag should go outside of them. So it will look like this:
C:\Games\Gw2\Gw2.exe -testVerticalFov
6) Once the command line has been added, click Apply -> OK.
7) Thats it! Jump in and play with this new setting, and post your feedback in the following thread: »forum-en.guildwars2.com/ ··· st551648
If at any time you want to return to the old FOV, simply remove the รข€“testVerticalFov from your target line and itll return to normal.
(edited 19 days ago by Martin Kerstein.3071)

facepalm
Lumberton, TX

1 recommendation

facepalm

Well, I'll be damned. Thanks Koil. Funny thing is I never set up anything. It was there for awhile and then gone. lol. I'll fix it when I get home though.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing

what does it do? let you zoom out further like WoW?

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

Just gives you more FOV on the sides for widescreen.

TheThing

TheThing

so is what I am currently seeing now on my widescreen distorted?

like a square being stretched onto a rectangle?

with WoW and Tera, widescreen just means more is visible on teh sides with widescreen vs. square monitor. no distortion

Koil
Premium Member
Irmo, SC

Koil

Premium Member

Before:

-removed-

After:

-removed-

(These aren't mine...taken from the GW2 forum thread about the FOV: »forum-en.guildwars2.com/ ··· k-Thread )

Just check out the thread to see the different pics. The ones I posted blew the margins big time.
Koil

Koil to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
Holy blown margins....

TheThing

TheThing

Seems more zoomed out, and like the toon is more centered in the screen vertically

similar to what happens in large events already in the game

awesome