bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk

Premium Member

I would have to agree. I take light rail to work, and my laptop (MBPr) connects to the WiFi on the trolley just fine, but my iPhone is a constant struggle.

Last night the phone refused to connect to my home WiFi, even after a reboot. I could only get it to connect after rebooting the Airport! iPad was fine, as were the laptops.

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

said by bobrk:

....refused to connect to my home WiFi,...

Is your router''s firmware up to date? I used to have a ton of connectivity issues until I updated the firmware. (of course, with the exception of the above thread)

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

I had this problem all the time with iOS 4.x and my home access points (which were totally up to date). iOS 5.1 was a godsend in this regard (though I waited for it to be jailbroken).

I don't have this issue too badly with a new iPhone 5 / iOS 6.0.1 -- I DO notice that the wifi bars/strength go up and down though, where before they were rock solid strong signals (I have two WAPs, one at each end of the house).

What worked for me previously was to use our wireless G only access point (ugh). I have also read that the work around is to use WEP instead (double ugh, I do NOT recommend that).

Perhaps 6.0.2 will get wireless right

bobrk
Premium Member
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

said by bobrk:

Is your router''s firmware up to date? I used to have a ton of connectivity issues until I updated the firmware. (of course, with the exception of the above thread)

Yup, as far as I know it is.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

said by bobrk:

said by haroldo:

said by bobrk:

Yup, as far as I know it is.

I'm curious, what router are you using? It strikes me that this may be a situation where the wireless router and / or the firmware for it may be causing (or making) the issue worse.

I have the same issue with my iPhone 4 on iOS 6.0.1 with the wi-fi dropping out (and the phone not being able to pick up cell phone signals again if it loses them, but that's a separate issue)

I'm using a D-Link DIR-655 (Rev A) at home with the 1.35NA firmware (Canadian D-Link routers get shafted on firmware upgrades, don't ask me why) and the iPhone 4 exhibits the behaviour while my iPad 3rd gen dosen't

This is most noticeable because of the problems I'm having at home with my voip staying registered on my iPhone while its fine on my iPad unless the provider is having issues.

NefCanuck

bobrk
Premium Member
San Jose, CA

bobrk

Premium Member

I believe I stated that I restarted my Airport. It's actually a Time Capsule, but the same thing.