share rss forum feed

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to jvmorris

Re: Best way to sync MS Outlook to Android

I do understand that, but figure it's a trade-off that at least I am willing to accept in return for the convenience it offers. There's ALWAYS a price for convenience, yes ?

IanR

join:2001-03-22
Fort Mill, SC
reply to jvmorris
I got around the issue of privacy for some contact lists by creating "sub accounts" in Outlook. I actually didn't do this on purpose but when I started using Outlook years ago I thought this was the only way to create separate lists and I stuck with it.
When I sync to a windows program or first created a list on Google (which is now out of date) the transfer was done by a csv file creation and it ignored the sub accounts.

Whne Microsoft started their Smart Glass approoach I was initially hopeful that they would include syncing databases like Outlook to Android etc..! Silly of me;)

jvmorris
I Am The Man Who Was Not There.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-03
Reston, VA
kudos:1
reply to Hall
said by Hall:

I do understand that, but figure it's a trade-off that at least I am willing to accept in return for the convenience it offers. There's ALWAYS a price for convenience, yes ?

Well, I get the convenience with MyPhoneExplorer using either Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connectivity, whereas with using Google I actually have to be connected to the Internet. And I get this 'convenience' without possibly 'inconveniencing' any of the people who have been kind enough to share their e-mail contact information with me.
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris

jvmorris
I Am The Man Who Was Not There.
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-03
Reston, VA
kudos:1
reply to IanR
Yes, I also use sub-accounts, one for my homeowners association (of which I was recently President) and also another one for contacts that I normally only use when I'm in England. So far, that seems to have worked.
--
Regards,
Joseph V. Morris