uniqs
share rss forum feed

DataRiker
Premium
join:2002-05-19

3 edits

1 recommendation

Festering Toilet.

Did anybody expect anything honest from this crap filled commode?

Uverse is essentially a scam from the ground up. From its promise of advanced fiber optic television and internet , which delivers absolutely horrendous video quality, to its billing practices, and its treatment of workers.

Att hopes your either

A: stupid enough to believe the hype
B: unfortunate to have no choice

What trash.

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
join:2007-08-15
Austin, TX
kudos:5

Have you looked at U-verse TV lately? I think it's gotten better since I dumped it some 18 months ago (maybe 2 years). I saw it at someone's house the other day, it didn't look half bad even with fast action sports in HD.

delltechkid

join:2004-11-09
Hermitage, TN

I have it. It's still the same crappy HD. But it's cheap when you're in the promo period!

etaadmin

join:2002-01-17
Dallas, TX
kudos:1
reply to MyDogHsFleas

Yes, last week. TV picture quality is as bad as the day it was introduced to the public six years ago. Internet connection is still unstable (at that particular home) Internet speeds at least half (TWC 50Mbps) of what cable offers and worst case scenario a quarter and as much as 1/12 (300Mbps) of what Comcast offers.

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
Austin, TX
reply to delltechkid

Hmm. I saw some posts over on the AT&T community forum claiming they were rolling out new encoders to the VRADs. And some were seeing significant improvement.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to DataRiker

said by DataRiker:

Did anybody expect anything honest from this crap filled commode?

Uverse is essentially a scam from the ground up. From its promise of advanced fiber optic television and internet , which delivers absolutely horrendous video quality, to its billing practices, and its treatment of workers.

Att hopes your either

A: stupid enough to believe the hype
B: unfortunate to have no choice

What trash.

That first line says it all. Can't even tell the truth about their own internal plans. I mean it was a plan. Not something they were actually promising or guaranteeing.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Rangersfan

@sbcglobal.net
reply to MyDogHsFleas

said by MyDogHsFleas:

Hmm. I saw some posts over on the AT&T community forum claiming they were rolling out new encoders to the VRADs. And some were seeing significant improvement.

All of your statements are correct. They contradict the statements of the non-customers in this thread.

Telco

join:2008-12-19
reply to DataRiker

They're a dirtbag company, so this is indeed what I expected.

In fact, I was initially shocked at their announcement that they're actually expanding.

ItS1incusto

@comcast.net
reply to DataRiker

After every quarter att reports the percentage of customers from homes passed, in the third quarter it was 17.8% and 4.3 million customers that would make it around 24,100,000 Homes Passed for TV/HSI. U-VERSE HSI has a longer reach and ATT reported 23% take rate and 7,100,000 customers, do the math, around 30,870,000 HP. The numbers aren't FUZZY, Mr. B needs to learn how read a quarterly report. AT&T said they will be using small form modules from the V-rads to extend the reach and speed of TV and HSI. AT&T needs to do this for its wireless network, small cells using U-VERSE and IPDSLAM for backhaul, covering 57 million customer locations will make AT&T WIRELESS difficult to compete with, in its 22 STATE footprint.

MyDogHsFleas
Premium
Austin, TX
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Rangersfan

So I went ahead and got uverse TV installed. They have a 30 day money back guarantee so no risk. I have to say I like it. I kept my TWC DOCSIS 3 Internet because its clearly faster and cheaper than uverse Internet. Also this way my Internet bandwidth is not shared with TV.

HD quality is better than I remember it last time I tried it 18 months ago or so. I find it acceptable.

More channels, less money.

Only one DVR to record 4 shows.

Wireless boxes.

Light years better UI to the STB than cable. Also much faster responsiveness navigating through the UI and switching channels.

It has apps! Personalized weather, stocks, sports scores.

I am keeping it and dumping cable TV.