dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50

Re: [INTERNET] Any future upgrades coming soon?

hmm... I wonder since Bell and Rogers are upgrading if Cogeco will do something to keep there current customers?
cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently
join:2011-04-19

cog_biz_user

said by robman50:

hmm... I wonder since Bell and Rogers are upgrading if Cogeco will do something to keep their current customers?

I hope so, because if I'm still on 16/1 by the summer, I'm jumping over to fibe.

sofawall
@cgocable.net

sofawall

Anon

I got a call from a Cogeco contractor technician (IMS or something like that) about doing some preemptive maintenance because something to do with my signal levels wasn't going to mesh with an upgrade they had planned. Chatting with the tech, it was an internet upgrade of some kind, but no timeline or specifics for the change.
cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently
join:2011-04-19

cog_biz_user

IMS is a contracted company, they're just a bunch of cable guys in white vans, I wouldn't assume anything they say to be true.

coaxguy
join:2009-07-29

coaxguy

said by cog_biz_user:

IMS is a contracted company, they're just a bunch of cable guys in white vans, I wouldn't assume anything they say to be true.

Actually this is true its called a proactive drop program. PVS contractors is doing it in St Catharines right now too