spc
uniqs
neufuse
join:2006-12-06
James Creek, PA

neufuse to GTFan

to GTFan

Re: CCs losing authorization in TiVo S3

every cablecard issue I've ever had has come down to someone somewhere at Comcast either didn't enter the card into the system right, someone at the NOC had no idea what a "data id" was on a SA system where we only have Device and Host ID's.. then entered the wrong number into the "data id" field on their end... or giving a card that is still paired to another piece of hardware because someone in the NOC end didn't remove the pairing when they pulled the card... at that point... 100% of the issues for me at least have been Comcast's fault... when they pull out a brand new card that has never been used and was just entered into the warehouse strangely it works every time so far...
GTFan
join:2004-12-03
Austell, GA

GTFan

Or sometimes not - as multiple techs have posted, new cards often don't work. But again my bet is that most of them were provisioned wrong in Comcast's system, like setting them up for two-way devices (Comcast's stuff) when they need to be one-way (Tivo, PC tuners, etc.).

We're way past the time where 3rd party devices are the issue - modern Tivos and PC tuners handle cards just fine, so it's almost always the provider's fault now when it happens.