Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Skippy25

join:2000-09-13
Hazelwood, MO
reply to ITALIAN926

Re: How to discourage customer complaints

Your assumption is that he would get a big payout.

I know I for one, if on a jury, would not hold a company accountable for the stupidity of an employee unless there are documented or witnessed prior events reported to management that they choose to ignore and allowed the person to continue to work there.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

said by Skippy25:

Your assumption is that he would get a big payout.

I know I for one, if on a jury, would not hold a company accountable for the stupidity of an employee unless there are documented or witnessed prior events reported to management that they choose to ignore and allowed the person to continue to work there.

I agree. Or if the employee was a convicted violent felon that they hired and knew of his past record.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

tcope
Premium
join:2003-05-07
Sandy, UT
kudos:2
reply to Skippy25

Actually the person's attorney will. They get the company in on it by claiming incorrect hiring practices, improper training, not following training guidelines, etc. That get's TM into the suit. That is all that is needed... an allegation (it will get past any motion to dismiss). At that point TM's only option is to chip in money to settle.