mattmag
Premium,ExMod 2000-03
join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to fartness

Re: Car alarm/remote start

Aftermarket add-on remotes starters, alarms, etc are the absolute worst possible investment you can make. They will, not may, cause future problems that become virtually impossible to rectify since they are not part of the original engineering and assembly, and repair information and parts will become non-existent in short order.

I'm speaking from many years of experience, and have no axe to grind, other than telling you they are not a wise idea at all.

telco_mtl

join:2012-01-06
said by mattmag:

Aftermarket add-on remotes starters, alarms, etc are the absolute worst possible investment you can make. They will, not may, cause future problems that become virtually impossible to rectify since they are not part of the original engineering and assembly, and repair information and parts will become non-existent in short order.

I'm speaking from many years of experience, and have no axe to grind, other than telling you they are not a wise idea at all.

one car i bought had a starter, professionally installed by a previous owner, when it started going on the blink and cranking the car even when the engine was running i went to price getting it removed... removal cost more than installation