Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS

[iPhone] iOS 6 / iPhone 5

Overall I'm super happy with this iPhone (had an iPhone 4 previously). Best of all, I'm able to use my bluetooth headset with Siri / dictation while music plays over my car speakers (iPhone connected directly to the car via a lightning/usb cable).

However, I have experienced two little oddities and was wondering if I was missing a setting or anything:

First, when the side button is set NOT to mute and I get an email or text message, I don't get the accompanying sound (over the speakers or the headset); just a volume reduction over the speakers. This what not the case with the iPhone 4 / iOS 5.1

Second, when I power off the headset while music is playing from the iPhone, the music will stop dead. I have to toggle the car sound system to radio and back to the iPhone to get music to play again. (Perhaps this requires an update to the car, I don't know)

Any thoughts other than iOS 6 is still a little buggy? (I already had to upgrade to 6.0.1 because of the "no sim" issue )
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1
I agree IOS6 is buggy.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
reply to darcilicious
With iOS 6.0.1 on my 4S I do get the sound alerts over the speakers connected via cable to the dock (I am not sure about over BT to a headset). So in that case it sounds like the iP5 with Lightning connector does something different.

In general, iOS 6/6.0.01 does seem to have a number of issues. I do not recall any iOS version being this buggy.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
said by Nezmo:

it sounds like the iP5 with Lightning connector does something different.

That's good to know, thanks!
--
♬ Music is life ♬

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
reply to darcilicious
It's about 25-75 with me and alerts over bluetooth. I'm more surprised when I get them than when I don't. head-set or car bluetooth makes no difference ...
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
Interesting. I never get any "sound", just the music (over the car speakers) volume decreasing. This is when the iPhone is connected to my car stereo AND my bluetooth headset is connected (but on standby, more or less).

I'll have to double-check but I think it's the same when I don't have the bluetooth connected as well...
--
♬ Music is life ♬

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

Any thoughts other than iOS 6 is still a little buggy?

As bad as POS 6 is, it's still way better than Android.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
I honestly haven't found it that bad, like I said, I'm super happy with the iPhone 5 overall. I've been using Siri to send texts and emails during my daily 2 hour commute and the dictation feature in most in app searches (e.g. Spotify) or chats (e.g. Words with Friends) and love it.
--
♬ Music is life ♬

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX
said by darcilicious:

I honestly haven't found it that bad, like I said, I'm super happy with the iPhone 5 overall. I've been using Siri to send texts and emails during my daily 2 hour commute and the dictation feature in most in app searches (e.g. Spotify) or chats (e.g. Words with Friends) and love it.

I'm curious why you'd dictate to chat in WWF. You have to type to play the game.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
LOL The texts and emails happen during the commute, the dictation happens when I'm NOT commuting ("and" was meant to separate the two activities )
--
♬ Music is life ♬