Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to not quite right

MVM,

to not quite right

Re: [iPad] whats it worth

Gazelle has never been a good indication of market price - they prey on lazy people that don't want to list on eBay or go through a private sale. Plus, it's a corporation that must make a profit. Take the Gazelle number and incorporate their 40-50+% markup to get market price ($236-284), which is exactly what they've been selling for over the past few days on eBay.

Count Zero
Premium Member
join:2007-01-18
Milton, FL

Count Zero

Premium Member

said by Thinkdiff:

Gazelle has never been a good indication of market price - they prey on lazy people that don't want to list on eBay or go through a private sale. Plus, it's a corporation that must make a profit. Take the Gazelle number and incorporate their 40-50+% markup to get market price ($236-284), which is exactly what they've been selling for over the past few days on eBay.

While I generally agree you can get a better deal off of eBay or other direct sales, it is worth noting that with Gazelle they give you a price with absolutely no effort on your part and they pay for the shipping.

I sold one of my original iPhones on eBay and the buyer "had trouble activating it" which was total BS - but it took me well over a month to resolve the issue with PayPal and for that entire time they wouldn't release my money (keep in mind this was still while I was in med school with no real income to speak of) and at the end of it all eBay and PayPal still took their cut. When it's all said and done the peace of mind is sometimes worth that small price difference.