trparky
Apple... YUM
Premium,MVM
join:2000-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:2

1 edit

USB 3.0 and 2.4 GHz Wireless Device Issues

Apparently, there are some issues being reported when you place a wireless device such as a "dongle" for a wireless keyboard and mouse on a USB 3.0 port.

Apparently it's because, and I quote from the Intel documentation... "the noise from the USB 3.0 data spectrum can be high (in the 2.4–2.5 GHz range). This noise can radiate from the USB 3.0 connector on a PC platform, the USB 3.0 connector on the peripheral device or the USB 3.0 cable."

The full documentation regarding this issue can be found in this Intel PDF File.

Solution? Move the USB Wireless Device "dongle" off of the USB 3.0 port and place it some distance away from the USB 3.0 port. Even a couple of inches (6 inches) away can resolve the issue.

I solved the issue by plugging the USB Wireless "dongle" into a USB 2.0 port on the front of my PC, well away from the USB 3.0 ports which are on the back of the PC.
--
Tom
Boycott AT&T uVerse! | Tom's Android Blog | AOKP (The Android Open Kang Project)

Camelot One
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-21
Greenwood, IN
kudos:2

Thats a great work around, unless you find yourself with an ultrabook that only has USB 3 ports.