Ottawa, ON

1 recommendation

NCRGuy to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs

Re: GTA is Full of Them - Another "My Rights Are More Impor

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by Gone:

said by MaynardKrebs:

4) His refusal to serve a woman - even in the absence of a sign - is the same thing as 3) above.

He didn't refuse. He offered up someone who was willing and able to cut her hair.

Case dismissed.

From the Star article...

"Faith McGregor walked into the Terminal Barber Shop on Bay St. in June to get a haircut — the “businessman,” short on the sides, tapered, trim the top. The shop, like many barbers in Toronto, doesn’t do women’s haircuts. But McGregor, 35, said she wanted a men’s cut.

Shop co-owner Omar Mahrouk told her his Muslim faith prohibits him from touching a woman who is not a member of his family. All the other barbers said the same thing."

No 'solution' was offered until August.

So, let me now ask........ if I refused to serve you lunch at my restaurant in June because you are black, would everything be ok now because I offered to get a black waiter to serve you in August, and would that negate my behaviour towards you in June?

No, because like your posts, your refusal is rooted in bigotry. His refusal was rooted in his constitutionally protected religious beliefs.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by NCRGuy:

No, because like your posts, your refusal is rooted in bigotry. His refusal was rooted in his constitutionally protected religious beliefs.

Unless you can define how his opinion is bigotry beyond the simple fact that he's rightfully critical of some of the more asinine aspects of religious belief, you're grasping at straws yourself by claiming it as such.

Sure, his opinion may be wrong on this matter, but it doesn't make his position any more bigotry than the barber who refused to serve a woman is a bigot against women - though, I'm sure there are people who would think he *is* a bigot - yay circular arguments!