analog andy
join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC

1 recommendation

analog andy to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs

Re: GTA is Full of Them - Another "My Rights Are More Impor

said by MaynardKrebs:

if I refused to serve you lunch at my restaurant in June because you are black, would everything be ok now because I offered to get a black waiter to serve you in August, and would that negate my behaviour towards you in June?

So your religion says no serving black people?

I walk into a Muslim restaurant and ask for Pork based lunch. They say they don't serve pork. I'm like ok I'll have this instead or go somewhere else. Problem solved and I don't need 15 min of fame on the local news trying to destroy someone life over petty ass shit.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

said by analog andy:

... if you were a Mormon 40 years ago...
MaynardKrebs
We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to analog andy

Premium Member

to analog andy
said by analog andy:

said by MaynardKrebs:

if I refused to serve you lunch at my restaurant in June because you are black, would everything be ok now because I offered to get a black waiter to serve you in August, and would that negate my behaviour towards you in June?

I walk into a Muslim restaurant and ask for Pork based lunch. They say they don't serve pork. I'm like ok I'll have this instead or go somewhere else. Problem solved and I don't need 15 min of fame on the local news trying to destroy someone life over petty ass shit.

If there's no pork on the menu then there's no pork.
But in the barber's case haircuts ARE on the menu - in fact they're pretty much the ONLY thing on the menu.

-----------------------------

This situation reminds me of a song by the not so well-known great Texan, Kinky Friedman

We Reserve The Right to Refuse Service to You

While traveling through the lone star state
I lost my lunch before I ate,
It happened in a pull-ahead café. yahoo!
I felt my bones begin to crunch
I saw my name on the businessman's lunch [haircut]
And the neck who owned the place stepped up to say:
"Hey buddy, are you blind,
Say, partner, can't you read the sign ?"

We reserve the right to refuse service to you,
Take your business back to Walgreen's,
Have you tried your local zoo?
You smell just like a communist, [unclean]
You come on through just like a Jew, [woman]
We reserve the right to refuse service to you.

[substitution appropriate to the barber situation]
MaynardKrebs

MaynardKrebs to analog andy

Premium Member

to analog andy
said by analog andy:

said by MaynardKrebs:

I don't think atheism promotes that.
But certain belief systems did (KKK) and may still hold that view.

I have many friends of many religious faiths who all believe that the barber is wrong in this situation because he is in a customer-facing public service job.

Let's take it a step further.....say a person believed that they should not talk to unrelated women and that person had a job at a tech support call-centre and refused to speak with women on religious grounds. What would happen? More than likely the person would be fired for cause.