uniqs
share rss forum feed

Arsinic

join:2011-02-17
Ruffs Dale, PA
kudos:1
reply to Rhenai

Re: Design a raid

I have always wanted a raid that you were competing against a guild of the opposite faction. Granted this would be ridiculously hard to design and create i think it would be something this game could use to bring back server competitions. Granted servers would also have to be wayyyyy more balanced. It would involve pvp and pve aspects.

Say the actual leaders of each respective faction are not being punks in their capital city, but in a war of all out chaos.

Basically both an alliance raid and a horde raid start on opposite ends of a battlefield flanking the opposing army. there would be trash everywhere the entire time the are progressing trough the battlefield. Fighting waves off normal and elite mobs. Eventual there would be some war general(I have no idea what name would be used, I don't follow lore very closely). The ultimate goal would be to flank through the battlefield to get to the actual faction leaders fighting. The ultimate goal would be to kill the faction leaders in battle. Obviously as the opposing raids get to the middle, they will encounter one another. There would have to be a fine balance of controlling the opposing pvp forces, as well as balancing the Faction Leaders. This could be like an AV on crack hell maybe it would make a better battle ground. I have always thought that this would be the ultimate fight in the game.

Obviously the chances of anything like this ever happening would be zilch, but I've always thought it would be a rad idea.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Arsinic:

Obviously the chances of anything like this ever happening would be zilch, but I've always thought it would be a rad idea.

maybe not... but do you think they could take the RBG model and tweak it for your liking? It's like a beafed up Alterac Valley, only you are meeting in the middle rather than trying to pass each other to kill some NPC.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
You know what here's an idea that would work with my huge raid idea

ok after you've cleared the 1st part of the raid (ie the tower) there would be a raid entrance that would become available to you, it'd be a 4way-3d-chess/BG, and by making it available you'd be able to use something to tell the horde your ready and to send their raid there too.

on one side is your ally raid
on another side a horde raid
The faction leaders would be fighting an evenly matched battle each leader paired with an opposing faction leader on different platforms.

you'd have to kill elite old god minions to activate the portals to get to the higher levels.

all the while having to move per the rules of chess

then have the burning legion and the old gods fighting

then you have faceless ones littering the board

then for a bit of fun Sheldon cooper on the top platform wielding the sword of azeroth.

Then each time you kill an opposing faction leader your faction leader that had been fighting with them would help.

the chess raid would be available in 10/25 and 40man raid.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Immer
said by Immer:

It's like a beafed up Alterac Valley, only you are meeting in the middle rather than trying to pass each other to kill some NPC.

So you would be referring to AV in it's original form.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Skittles:

said by Immer:

It's like a beafed up Alterac Valley, only you are meeting in the middle rather than trying to pass each other to kill some NPC.

So you would be referring to AV in it's original form.

I must have not seen its "original" form. It was always a speed run to kill NPCs... being alliance, the best approach for Horde was to turtle it at our second NPC.
--
Guild leader of Pride and Ego (US:Nathrezim)
Good times with Great people in the Best way to spend $15/mo.

Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it

join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA
kudos:1
Imagine a DnD style encounter, where Blizzard allowed both players and DMs. In other words. Encounter would always be different. The raid group would have a rating and the "DM" would have a rating. Lower ranked groups would go against lower ranked DM's. There would be no cookie cutter strat. The DM would choose the encounters, plus the level of the creatures, his attacks and defenses. Would make a MMROPG more of a DnD style enciounter which would be tghe tits inho.
--
Cigtyme - Alliance - Galakrond - Draneri Arcane Mage
GM and RL of Exalted with Chuck Norris (Before damn Commercial)
"What the hell man, wipe it, we fricken can't heal this damn thing to death"

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
That reminds me of big bang theory

the orc is amused by your joke, you may pass.

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31

1 recommendation

reply to Immer
AV in its original form was all about fighting in the Field of Strife(the middle) and gathering resources to summon your faction's BG god for alliance it was Ivus the Frost Lord who would beat the shit out of the other faction. You also helped your flying commanders escape the opposing faction's towers so they could give bonus honor and open up quests.

These matches were awesome and lasted for hours, I remember one match I zoned into played four hours then went to bed slept about 8 hours got up, showered, ate breakfast and logged on and the same match was going on.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI
I remember playing a single match of AV that lasted over 3 days... reports of matches not concluding between server resets. Ah the good old days.
--
I'd take the time to insult your intelligence but you probably wouldn't get it.