spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

chrisd11

join:2009-05-18
Hernando, MS

Has anyone here tried unlimited4g.com yet?

Looks like a good deal. I assume it's on the Sprint network since it has Sierra modems. Has anyone here tried it? Is it really unlimited? Sounds too good to be true.

Sorry if it's already been discussed but I didn't see a previous thread.

chrisd11

Hernando, MS
They are also offering it through wirelessnwifi.com, fwiw.

Jim_in_VA

join:2004-07-11
Cobbs Creek, VA
kudos:4
reply to chrisd11
That's going to be WiMax not LTE, so make sure you are in a ClearWire area if you go that route.
--
... need help? »evdo-tips.com/

gotLTE

@spcsdns.net
They actually offer both, but the only LTE modem is the TriFi which is expensive.

Jim_in_VA

Cobbs Creek, VA
care to point that out ... I don't see it
--

Jim_in_VA

Cobbs Creek, VA

2 edits

gotLTE

@spcsdns.net
reply to Jim_in_VA
I haven't seen it published, but we have one.

Their $79.99 per mo includes unlimited 4G (Wimax or LTE) and 35GB of 3G. No overage charges or throttling, but if you exceed the 35GB twice they may ask you to get service elsewhere.

The only difference in this and the Sierra 250U plan is the TriFi is an extra $99 to start, but still no contract required.

We have dealt with Wireless N Wifi for several years, Kevin, Karen and crew are great to work with. We have seasonal and sometimes emergency needs, and at any given moment have 5-15 of their modems out in the field, they provide a great service and support.

We have one semi-permanent location that is Wimax, now covered by LTE, but we are waiting for a tri-function USB modem to work with a Cradlepoint router.

HTH

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
kudos:1
And how does this relate to Millenicom Wireless Broadband? Kind of bad posting advertising for a competing service don't you think?

Martho

join:2011-12-03

1 edit
reply to chrisd11
This forum is full of people who want good internet but don't live where it is available. If there are other services which might be more adequate to someone's needs I see nothing wrong with letting people know about them.

EDIT: I didn't realize there was a wireless users chat forum, never mind then.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
Reviews:
·Millenicom
said by Martho:

This forum is full of people who want good internet but don't live where it is available. If there are other services which might be more adequate to someone's needs I see nothing wrong with letting people know about them.

Well you are new here and those of us who frequent the Millenicom forum want to keep it for Millenicom related posts. No offense but is that hard to understand?

m12345s

join:2010-10-13
Bolivar, MO
reply to chrisd11
Should probably be moved to wireless users chat instead.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
said by m12345s:

Should probably be moved to wireless users chat instead.

+1 Agree

GotLTE

@spcsdns.net
Incidentally, we use Millenicom and still have a half dozen devices out in the field with them.

I work for a company that provides communication and internet to insurance companies, relief agencies (gov and others), and anyone that needs temporary connections. Last year we spent $1.3 million on this kind of stuff.

Millenicom is a fine company, and we still use them where Verizon is needed. But creating a trouble ticket online as opposed to picking up the phone and having a live body that can answer your questions in real time, for me there is no comparison. I know Millenicom contracts for after hours phone support, but it is not the same, I have never spoken to the same person twice, and they are following prompts on a computer screen. When I call the other guys, they recognize my company without an account number or other identifier.

A day or two after Sandy hit New Jersey, I thought my day was done when I got a panic call about 7:45PM (EST). We needed two more modems and a router in Manhattan the next day. I called WNWifi, and even though FedEx had picked up 4 hours earlier, they put it together and took it to the FedEx office so it would get out that night. FedEx didn't deliver it until late afternoon, but that was FedEx's fault. I have no idea how far that detour is, it may even be on thei way home, but the fact that they were willing to do that made a big difference to me.

Millenicom has some advantages, I can buy the same modem and turn it on and off as needed, with WNW I don't buy the modem, but I have to return it when were are through with it.

Sorry if I violated some protocol by answering Chris and Jims questions.

GotLTE

@spcsdns.net
reply to Jack_in_VA
said by Jack_in_VA:

said by Martho:

Well you are new here and those of us who frequent the Millenicom forum want to keep it for Millenicom related posts. No offense but is that hard to understand?

Well I am a newbie here and didn't realize that Millencom owned this forum. I see posts about Verizon on the Sprint board, and about AT&T on the Clearwire board, and assumed that this one was an open discussion as well.

Since the subject line clearly identifies the thread content, I would think you could just skip over it if you find it offensive. I simply responded to others questions, so obviously I am not the only one that wasn't aware of the strict Millenicom only policy.

You should have some bylaws, guidelines, or a secret handshake if that is the case

grobinette
Southeast of disorder
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-27
Springfield, VA
kudos:2
It is a Millenicom forum, but there is no need for anyone to cop an attitude about it. If any of the regular users had bothered to hey mod me and suggest moving it to a more appropriate forum I would.

Jack_in_VA
Premium
North, VA
Reviews:
·Millenicom

1 edit
Grobinette it says Millenicom. It is not "Copping" an attitude to just wanting to stick with the listed topic. So Just go ahead and change the name to open discussion for all plans. It seems anymore that one or two come in and just ignore months/years of this being Millenicom related.

Why not make them a thread for their newfound interests? I am a regular member and poster so I'm suggesting you move it.

Lamiel

join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI
reply to grobinette
Just my two cents, Grobinette, but I would dare to suggest that a topic of this nature IS relevant on a Millenicom forum, and here's why - the vast majority of us who post here live in the broadband wasteland. We've searched and searched for better internet for years. I've spent hours at my PC, trying to figure out if any new options had become available, and I'm sure others have as well. One day, a few years ago, I happened to be on the Verizon forum, and saw mention of a company called Millenicom. Here I am now, years later, with 20GB of LTE available to me per month, all thanks to a little evangelism. It's highly appropriate for one of our fellow ruralites to come here and make us aware of what MIGHT be a better option for SOME. This forum is about help and support, and I hope it will stay that way...
--
Core2Quad Q9450 @ 3.4GHz, XFX 780i SLI mobo, MSI GTX 560 OC, 4GB Patriot Viper DDR2-1066, Samsung 20x optical, Samsung F3 1TB HDD, Antec TP3 650 watt PSU, CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case, Win7 Home Premium 64 bit...

chrisd11

Hernando, MS
reply to Jack_in_VA
I posted it here because I am a Millenicom customer. They have collected my $70 per month faithfully for about 3 years now. I am always on the lookout for better internet options, because I am in the same boat as most people in this forum who have no landline based internet options. I don't owe Millenicom anything, including my loyalty if I find a better deal. Having said that, I think Millenicom is a great company and the best option I've found so far. If the mods think it doesn't belong in this forum, they can move the thread and I won't mind one bit. And thanks for all the replies.

Jim_in_VA

Cobbs Creek, VA
reply to chrisd11
a whole lot of hoopla about nothing. Lets move along
--

Lamiel

join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI
+1
Expand your moderator at work

bcltoys

join:2008-07-21
Lost today
reply to Lamiel

Re: Has anyone here tried unlimited4g.com yet?

+2 move along..

delawaredan

join:2002-02-02
Wilmington, DE
reply to chrisd11
-1. I think you guys are overreacting.