BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:151
reply to BHNtechXpert

Re: BHN Black Friday/Cyber Monday Alerts Thread

There is no restriction but you asked me... I am not going to recommend any software....that is all.

TURBO1112

join:2010-04-28
Dade City, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
On the look for another UPS. Just enough for modem/router. Is that one in the compusa online deal, or in store only?

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by TURBO1112:

On the look for another UPS. Just enough for modem/router. Is that one in the compusa online deal, or in store only?

Nope thats instore. I'm going to pick up a couple myself. I have several cyberpower devices including my two big UPS's that power tech central and honestly I have had NOTHING but great service from them. I test them monthly and without a doubt they just perform.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Turbo at those prices you can afford to put one on every TV and box combination and when those momentary power glitches hit during storms you don't miss that awsome play in the game because your box reboot courtesy of mother nature. That's what I do and it adds another layer of electronic protection...electronics hate dips and surges and this eliminates them and gives you about 20 minutes of backup on top of it depending on what you connect to it.
--
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~

ispalten

join:2005-04-16
Clermont, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Under no circumstances would I recommend that someone buys a security suite when there are near perfect solutions at no charge including our own.

Gary, you didn't answer me on this part... is there a SUITE or just the McAfee A/V? I think that does do e-mail protection, but I also want a 2 way firewall.
--
Irv Spalten

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
You don't need email protection nonsense. You don't need a protection suite at all. You are behind a router therefore no firewall software is needed for most people, you can get free AV with MSE and for the other pesky stuff use a combination of Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware...problem solved...$60 back in your pocket and far more pep in your system because it isn't bogged down with a bunch of garbage.

Again Irv...this is for a different thread..this hijack #2 today if you want to discuss something off thread topic create your own thread....thank you.
--

helousaf

join:2001-01-02
Melbourne, FL

1 recommendation

reply to BHNtechXpert
I can personally vouch for the Trendnet 500mbps kits - I have two sets working flawlessly - full speed seen on all from RR turbo connection...

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Agreed....

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
reply to BHNtechXpert
Great thread Gary.

Amazon has some great deals coming up for Black Friday.

60" Vizio LED Smart TV for $688

Toshiba 40" for $179

Panasonic 55" Smart 3D LED for $899

For more of these deals: »www.blackfriday.fm/ad/amazon

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by gigahurtz:

Great thread Gary.

Toshiba 40" for $179

That Toshiba price is a keeper and so is the Vizio. For those that don't know Vizio has done amazing things with their smart TV's...gone are the days of slow web applications and useless Apps. The Apps engine is responsive and their library is extensive...I managed to latch on to one of their 47" 3D smart TV's for little of nothing about 3 months ago and just love it. Is ity GoogeTV...nope but then again I'm tired of giving my personal data to Google anyway so I'm perfectly happy.
--

gigahurtz
Premium
join:2001-10-20
Palm Coast, FL
Reviews:
·Bright House
I agree. I'm a big fan of Vizio. I've gone through all of the major brands - Samsung, Panasonic (horrible experience), Toshiba, LG - and Vizio is right up there if not better than all.

I have a 37" LED Smart TV from them and it's great. The web apps are quick, Vizio actually updates the TV from time to time (unlike LG) and it looks great!

I'm tempted to get the 60" to replace my 55" in my living room but I'm having no issues with the 55

Nayan3

join:2012-08-15
Melbourne, FL
kudos:1
said by gigahurtz:

I'm tempted to get the 60" to replace my 55" in my living room but I'm having no issues with the 55

Sure you do. It's not 60"

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to gigahurtz
said by gigahurtz:

I agree. I'm a big fan of Vizio. I've gone through all of the major brands - Samsung, Panasonic (horrible experience), Toshiba, LG - and Vizio is right up there if not better than all.

I have a 37" LED Smart TV from them and it's great. The web apps are quick, Vizio actually updates the TV from time to time (unlike LG) and it looks great!

Honestly I have not been a big fan of Vizio but something has changed...they figured it out (hopefully they dont mess it up) and I have no problems recommending the newer stuff to folks...
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to Nayan3
said by Nayan3:

said by gigahurtz:

Sure you do. It's not 60"

OMG too funny!!! I love it though!
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to gigahurtz
said by gigahurtz:

Great thread Gary.

Toshiba 40" for $179

They say the sale starts today but that Toshiba is still at reg price...I want it NOW!!!!!! Grrr.. that will go out on my lanai.
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Page 5 of the CompUSA ad:

Vertex 3 120GB SSD
$49.99 - VERY good price

Seagate 3TB Internal Hard Drive
$89.99 - VERY good price

Nayan3

Melbourne, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Amazon took a few things off their BF ad, one being the Madden game my son wanted and the other being the Toshiba 40" TV. They replaced it with a 24" Toshiba for the same price .

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
said by Nayan3:

Amazon took a few things off their BF ad, one being the Madden game my son wanted and the other being the Toshiba 40" TV. They replaced it with a 24" Toshiba for the same price .

:(
--

rbmoving

@bhn.net
A pre-Black Friday....no crowd, no hassle....Online purchase

Panasonic 38xZoom/HD.....SD media storage (no built-in)

»www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a···30180488.

This is a New product release....and in the past I have seen manufacturers offering new Products at discounts at time of release.....and passed over some great deals in the past.

$191.99 & Free Shipping Site offered 3 yr repl coverage....no repair, replacement in the form of Money back in a GC to NewEgg.....for $44.00. Purchased it only because the Labor Warranty was for 90 Days as most Camcorders......

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?

join:2003-10-01
Melbourne, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
I am considering going from my 52" SHARP to a 70" model. I don't see the reason to move from 52 or 55 to 60. Not enough ROI. But 52 to 70 makes it worthwhile.

Oh, I did look at the 80" models but the price delta between 70 and 80 is outrageous... plus the fact that The Wife™ says that we will need to have a bigger wall (ahh... she doesn't understand us guys and our techno toys) LOL

Nayan3

Melbourne, FL
I love how you trademarked The Wife! I have the opposite problem. My hubby doesn't understand techno toys .

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Flashfox what size of room do you have and how far will you be viewing? It's important to get that right...

Flashfox
Eco-Text -- Why print E-mails?

join:2003-10-01
Melbourne, FL
Nayan --> If The Wife™ was into techno toys as I am then we would be broke by now LOL.

BHNtechXpert --> I have the distance charts. I was being a bit facetious as my wife finds 80" too "expensive" (the real reason

The 52" is around 7-9 feet from the viewers now. I can move it 5-6 feet further away as the living room is relatively large. So I could get a 70" or a 80" display but the latter is way too expensive.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
And between us (and the world) that is just disgustingly large..almost scary. She would never pull you away from football then....might as well install a portapotty and shower in the livingroom as well

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Okay so here's how it all worked out. Was able to get every one of the TV's we discussed here in the 32" range last night and early this morning. The 32" from CompUSA was true LED and 1080p and has great picture...of the two I bought there one was DOA out of the box...scrambled to replace it and the sound from these guys pretty much is in the fair category at best BUT for what they will be used for no worries. The Walmart Emerson went outside as it had the best sound and outside the picture was better than the LED model from my perspective. The Apex I picked up from Target (got the last one) is going back...warranty is only 90 days, reviews are pretty much horrible and I didn't need a 4th one anyway...just got lucky and managed to pick up two of what I really wanted at CompUSA.
--

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
OKay so the two TV's that came from CompUSA are going back as they are horrible...great picture until the picture changes and then you see tearing which is NOT a good thing.

Nayan3

Melbourne, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Oh that stinks . I did not go out to do any shopping. Instead I sat in my PJ's and grabbed just about everything on my list from Amazon. Got an awesome deal on games and a nice little point-and-shoot camera.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
Just returned the Target one as well... had a horrible rattling sound coming out of one speaker. This year has not been good to me when it comes to these things which is RARE.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
Saint Petersburg, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
So the gem in the bunch of cheapies was the Emerson amazing enough as it is. Nice picture, decent audio and no flaws as of now. Unfortunately there was a limit of 1 per person and I was the only fool in the family to brave the masses.

Nayan3

Melbourne, FL
reply to BHNtechXpert
I'm sorry to hear your shopping trip was a bust. At least for now (fingers crossed!) you have one good buy. Are you going to give one of the Amazon deals a shot or have you had enough playing TV roulette?