Premium
join:2009-09-28
Chatham, ON
kudos:4
reply to ahda

Re: [DSL] line installed and working but not activated

Hello,

Glad to see you are now online.
I see you online now. Glad to be able to help you.

Thanks,
Tsi-Paul

ahda

join:2012-11-15

Yay I am online!

So the problem for me was that I entered my username/password when the modem prompted me for it as soon as I connected to it, after I've entered my login on that setup page it directed me to, it would fail with message "Sorry, the User ID and/or Access Password you entered does not match our records.", while instead I should have manually entered my username/password at 192.168.2.1 , which isn't obvious without any instruction at all. (Shouldn't there be like a welcome package enplaning this procedure?)

The teksavvy tech support agent I first phoned really dropped the ball, he erroneously believe that my service's activation date has been postponed and insisted that in order to reactivate he should booked me to have technician come by to redo the installation from 12-9pm again, even after I've asked him a couple times "are you sure two technicians needed to be sent to do the exact same installation again?".

TSI Paul has been very tentative and great help, my impression of Teksavvy has turned around and am now more confident of its service knowing that there are helpful hands like him around. Thanks bunches!