Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer

Re: Design a raid

said by Immer:

It's like a beafed up Alterac Valley, only you are meeting in the middle rather than trying to pass each other to kill some NPC.

So you would be referring to AV in it's original form.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Skittles:

said by Immer:

It's like a beafed up Alterac Valley, only you are meeting in the middle rather than trying to pass each other to kill some NPC.

So you would be referring to AV in it's original form.

I must have not seen its "original" form. It was always a speed run to kill NPCs... being alliance, the best approach for Horde was to turtle it at our second NPC.
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme

Imagine a DnD style encounter, where Blizzard allowed both players and DMs. In other words. Encounter would always be different. The raid group would have a rating and the "DM" would have a rating. Lower ranked groups would go against lower ranked DM's. There would be no cookie cutter strat. The DM would choose the encounters, plus the level of the creatures, his attacks and defenses. Would make a MMROPG more of a DnD style enciounter which would be tghe tits inho.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

That reminds me of big bang theory

the orc is amused by your joke, you may pass.

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

1 recommendation

Skittles to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
AV in its original form was all about fighting in the Field of Strife(the middle) and gathering resources to summon your faction's BG god for alliance it was Ivus the Frost Lord who would beat the shit out of the other faction. You also helped your flying commanders escape the opposing faction's towers so they could give bonus honor and open up quests.

These matches were awesome and lasted for hours, I remember one match I zoned into played four hours then went to bed slept about 8 hours got up, showered, ate breakfast and logged on and the same match was going on.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

Zyncotl

Premium Member

I remember playing a single match of AV that lasted over 3 days... reports of matches not concluding between server resets. Ah the good old days.