uniqs
share rss forum feed

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to NJ07830

Re: [CenturyTel] 5 day commitment to fix business DSL

If you have business that requires the internet to work then I might suggest still getting the connection from Comcast. Use a load balancing router. If one connection fails you will have the other one. Or load balancing when both do work.

Of course also redundancy in your local network and back up power incase power goes off.

Old_CableGuy

@planetcr.net
Actually I now recommend a 4G hotspot. You can set it up with the same wireless SSID and WPA2 key as your standard Wifi network. Primary internet goes down, unplug the router and power this up.

Get prepaid and the cheapest plan you can. If you need to use it, call and switch plans.

Realistically, though, if you're in a small town a single fiber cut to that town could take down all internet. Cable and phone share the same right of ways.

Boss302_1970

join:2009-12-11
^^ +1

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
reply to Old_CableGuy
said by Old_CableGuy :

Actually I now recommend a 4G hotspot. You can set it up with the same wireless SSID and WPA2 key as your standard Wifi network. Primary internet goes down, unplug the router and power this up.

Get prepaid and the cheapest plan you can. If you need to use it, call and switch plans.

Realistically, though, if you're in a small town a single fiber cut to that town could take down all internet. Cable and phone share the same right of ways.

Not all the time. Plus depending on the mobile provider they may be using that same trench for their backbone as may or may not use wireless backbone in all cases.