Premium
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT
kudos:1
reply to bobjohnson

Re: I don't think they get a full pass

said by bobjohnson:

said by dnoyeB:

I don't buy Cablevision's excuse of short changing people. As if they don't know when any particular customer's cable is out!? Furthermore, it seems that they are not doing anything special and the lawsuit is basically saying, 'can you do something special.'

Where I live, if you cable goes out, you call and get a refund for that time period. If you don't bother to call, then you don't get a refund. That's SOP. An automatic refund would be special.

If the cable goes out in the entire neighborhood and they fix the neighborhood but your drop is down, say it takes an extra 2 weeks for them to get to replace it. Your credit should be the same as the rest of the neighborhood?

Hmm good one.
--
It's NOT Ni-kon It's NE-KON!

LG is NOT Lifes Good It's Lucky Goldstar!

IllIlIlllIll
EliteData
Premium
join:2003-07-06
Hampton Bays, NY
kudos:7
said by Subaru:

said by bobjohnson:

said by dnoyeB:

I don't buy Cablevision's excuse of short changing people. As if they don't know when any particular customer's cable is out!? Furthermore, it seems that they are not doing anything special and the lawsuit is basically saying, 'can you do something special.'

Where I live, if you cable goes out, you call and get a refund for that time period. If you don't bother to call, then you don't get a refund. That's SOP. An automatic refund would be special.

If the cable goes out in the entire neighborhood and they fix the neighborhood but your drop is down, say it takes an extra 2 weeks for them to get to replace it. Your credit should be the same as the rest of the neighborhood?

Hmm good one.

then it would be unfair to "blanket" an automatic credit of lets say for example one week when the outage was longer than that, of course unless CV decides to extend the credit for that longer outage on their own without the customer intervening.
my opinion, if these "scum bags" get their way and successfully sue CV, i can guarantee we will see the results of this passed on to the CV customers in one form or another for us to pay for it.
i say find these idiots and post their phone numbers in the "casual encounters" section of craigslist with a picture of some hot chick as retaliation for their lame-brain attempt of such a ridiculous and frivolous lawsuit.
--
Suffolk County NY Police Feed - »www.scpdny.com
PS3 Gaming Feed - »www.livestream.com/elitedata