All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

switching from hd channel to hd channel = no volume?

I am having the problem with switching from an hd channel to an sd channel on both of my motorola boxes will result in no sound on my tv. Sometimes it takes switching the tv and box off for 5 minutes to get sound again. This is with HDMI. I figured they would have fixed this problem by now.
Expand your moderator at work

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
join:2009-01-28
SoCal

1 recommendation

DocDrew to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4

Re: switching from hd channel to hd channel = no volume?

What model boxes? What version of the Guide? What model TVs? Are your TVs updated with the latest firmware?

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

phillips 32" tv. HDMI. Multi Room DVR boxes. A28. Motorola.
The other one is a sanyo 19"

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech

Premium Member

Use component cables. Your TV's have a problem with negotiating HDMI apparently.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
comcast cant fix your tvs.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

It's the comcast boxes. I thought this was a known issue the the boxes?
timtom83
join:2012-11-15

timtom83

It is your tv but you know you can always go to Directtv

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

how is it my tv when other people are experiencing the same problem PLUS there isn't a firmware fix AND I'M NOT BUYING A NEW TV JUST TO FIX THE PROBLEM. Plus I can't go to directv they want a deposit and my apartment corporation will only allow dish network and they stink carrying sports since charlie is against sports i think.

Floppy
join:2002-07-03

Floppy

Beach gave you your fix...."Use component cables."

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I don't have 2 sets of component cables.

Floppy
join:2002-07-03

Floppy

Pick them up for free at the local payment center or order them cheap from »monoprice.com
timtom83

timtom83 to mikedz4

to mikedz4
said by mikedz4:

how is it my tv when other people are experiencing the same problem PLUS there isn't a firmware fix AND I'M NOT BUYING A NEW TV JUST TO FIX THE PROBLEM. Plus I can't go to directv they want a deposit and my apartment corporation will only allow dish network and they stink carrying sports since charlie is against sports i think.

Other people? Who? I have not had any issue

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium Member
join:2008-01-06

beachintech to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
Who is? It's not a widespread issue. I've seen TV's have this issue on a number of sources, including DVD / BluRay players switching from menu to the movie, etc. You either need a firmware fix on your TV's or get component cables.

They are free from comcast or $5 on monoprice.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
It isnt a known issue with the boxes, its a known issue that is fixed with a firmware update to your tv.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

then where is this supposed firmware fix for my phillips tv? 32pfl4505d/f7 model number
Expand your moderator at work
mikedz4

1 edit

mikedz4

Re: switching from hd channel to hd channel = no volume?

I cant get another TV service because I have an $1100 deposit.
timtom83

timtom83

said by mikedz4:

I cant because I have an $1100 deposit.

deposit? for directtv?
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

2 edits

rody_44 to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
Call up phillips or take your tv to a repair shop. To be honest tho i wouldnt expect much to be done with a cheap tv like that. Again not comcasts problem your tv has handshake issues via hdmi. You wont even notice a change switching to component cables. Ide go that route before i even wasted time complaining about something comcast has no control over. I really doubt even phillips wasted time on a firmware upgrade for that tv.
rody_44

rody_44 to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
Multible tvs had the issues years ago. It was not a STB issue. It was a tv issue that most manufactures corrected via a firmware update. They never bothered with the cheaper tvs only the high end sets.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I paid $450 for my tv. It is led 1080p 32" tv.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

4 edits

rody_44

Premium Member

450 isnt a lot for a tv. Does it have a usb port? Thats how most tv shops upgrade the firmware. And forget what you paid your tv is a 300.00 tv you way overpaid »www.electrosellers.com/p ··· DTV.html or 235.00 from amazon wow did u overpay u really might want to read the reviews. Not to good at all.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
SoCal

1 edit

DocDrew to mikedz4

Premium Member

to mikedz4
»www.p4c.philips.com/cgi- ··· &slg=AEN

Firmware update

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to rody_44

to rody_44
I bought this tv for my bedroom back in january of 2011. I do now notice the volume is lower always wondered why once i put it in a larger room I need to put the volume up to 25 to be a normal volume but it is too late to do anything now.
At the time it was the first 32" that I found that was LED and 1080p which is why I bought it.
Is there even an fix for the sound and HDMI problems? I haven't found one unless it was addressed in an earlier firmware I didn't install.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
SoCal

DocDrew

Premium Member

Latest firmware is from may 2011
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

3 edits

rody_44

Premium Member

If u read the reviews u will see it wont fix the sound problems. May fix the hdmi problem tho. Does look pretty easy to update via a thumb drive. You do run the risk of trashing the tv tho. I would still just go the component route myself. Less risk and should fix the problem. Im really surprised you didnt return it when you purchased it if it was that big of a issue for you. Its a tv, either live with the glitches it has or buy another.

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

When I bought it I accepted the problem. I couldn't tell the sound issue that much because of the small room and I had a 19" tv before so this one seemed 100xs better.
I always thought there wasn't an fix for the hdmi handshake issue. But alas I gave most of my cables to my dad except for 6 hdmi cables.

DocDrew
How can I help?
Premium Member
SoCal

DocDrew

Premium Member

Have you updated that Philips TV to the May 2011 firmware version?

What model # is that other Sanyo TV?