spc
Search similar:

uniqs

kevin bake
@optonline.net

kevin bake

Anon

ww10.virustotal.org

so i messed up and hit .org instead or .com and got redicted to it.

i was on a clean install trying to scan a driver.

is the url compromised or am i just really paranoid?

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

2 edits

Dustyn

Premium Member

Looks okay?
»onlinelinkscan.com/?look ··· can+Link
Although... Malwarebytes doesn't like it. It blocked my attempt to visit to the site... along with Ad Muncher.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

1 recommendation

therube to kevin bake

to kevin bake
It's nothing, most likely.
Just one of those dumb "domain parking" pages.
(Now a page like that, or any page for that matter, certainly could contain malware, but I wouldn't worry about it.)

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

1 edit

1 recommendation

siljaline

Premium Member

Typosquatter Harmless, in this case.

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN

3 edits

Dustyn

Premium Member

check link.

kevin bake
@optonline.net

kevin bake to kevin bake

Anon

to kevin bake
url void reported the ip hosting that domain is also hosting other malicious websites.

sigh.

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

1 recommendation

Dustyn

Premium Member

said by kevin bake :

url void reported the ip hosting that domain is also hosting other malicious websites.

sigh.

Why would you think you are infected?
There is no evidence at the moment to suggest this.
You visited ww10.virustotal.org... 0/28 (0.00%) shows that address is clean.
Unless you were click-happy and went exploring all over ww10.virustotal.org clicking on a bunch of links, or visited the other sites that are in red, you're just fine.

If someone else here can chime in and prove otherwise, please by all means do so.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

1 recommendation

siljaline to Dustyn

Premium Member

to Dustyn
I did via urlvoid, your point is ? Yes, the domain hosts some questionable sites, as already mentioned.

kevin bake
@optonline.net

kevin bake to kevin bake

Anon

to kevin bake
i was just paranoid, mods can delete the thread.

jaykaykay
4 Ever Young
MVM
join:2000-04-13
USA

2 recommendations

jaykaykay

MVM

Actually, IMO, paranoid on some things is a good thing. This one was a good question and there's no reason to feel anything about it other than asking a smart question.

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn to siljaline

Premium Member

to siljaline
said by siljaline:

Typosquatter
Harmless, in this case.

said by siljaline:

I did via urlvoid, your point is ? Yes, the domain hosts some questionable sites, as already mentioned.

Your posted link can create DNS redirections ... so as previously mentioned please check your link. You are providing an invalid uniform resource locator in the provided post. Nothing to do with urlvoid. That would be the point.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

Typosquatting is intended as a Domain re-direct, usually, that the user is sent to a misdirected domain she | he did not intend to visit, many Hosts file contain some typosquatter domains.

Some hijack the visitor, others are generally harmless, it depends. Your A/V may protect you from some as would SpywareBlaster, et al.

URLVoid contains some infected domains or URL's as you state. It's kinda like WOT which is reputation based, but we won't go there as I don't see any reason to.

Frankly, I don't see where I sit on your thinking on what URL's I've posted incorrectly address this essentially simple issue ?

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

2 edits

Dustyn

Premium Member

We have a winner...
[att=1,l]
Such verbosity for something so simple. Your provided "referenced" link is not typed correctly: »en.wikipedia.orgwiki/Typ ··· squatter
So I'll correct it for you: »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ty ··· squatter
I thought this was a simple enough request... Now that I look over the thread you just provided the perfect example of what a Typosquatter error is: »Re: ww10.virustotal.org

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

1 recommendation

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by Dustyn:

We have a winner...
[att=1,l]
Such verbosity for something so simple. Your provided "referenced" link is not typed correctly: »en.wikipedia.orgwiki/Typ ··· squatter
I thought this was a simple enough request...

FWIW, my impression was that siljaline was providing an example of a harmless typo.

Dustyn
Premium Member
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn

Premium Member

said by NetFixer:

said by Dustyn:

We have a winner...
[att=1,l]
I thought this was a simple enough request...

FWIW, my impression was that siljaline was providing an example of a harmless typo.

Correct.
However Typosquatter should be clarified in a valid working link for those who are unaware. So I did that. That "typo" link can also create a DNS redirection / ISP search hijack issue.

siljaline
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

From Wikipedia:

Typosquatting, also called URL hijacking, is a form of cybersquatting, and possibly brandjacking which relies on mistakes such as typographical errors made by Internet users when inputting a website address into a web browser. Should a user accidentally enter an incorrect website address, they may be led to an alternative website owned by a cybersquatter.

We all do make the odd error when adding a link in the conversation, are we know on the same page ?