spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sparek
join:2002-06-10
united state

sparek

[NCAA-B] ESPN3 Bandwidth

I currently have 768kbps DSL. I know, it's slow, but this DSL provider is all I have that's available. (actually, it works fine for me, I'm not used to fast speeds, I don't download a lot, so I really can't complain too much about the speed). My ISP does offer ESPN3. I can watch it with my 768kbps connection, but it only has 1 or 2 bars on the quality meter. Watching college basketball with it, you can make out the teams, but you can't really make out who is shooting unless it's a close up.

My question is, how much of a quality improvement will I see if I upgraded to 1.5mbps DSL? I'm definitely not asking for HD quality or anything. But would it be worth it, quality wise, to upgrade? Most of the games I want to see are on ESPN off the satellite, but there are a few occasions where watching a game on ESPN3 would be nice. And if 1.5mbps will give me a noticeable quality improvement it might be something to invest in.

geek
Mad Scientist at Work
Premium Member
join:2002-01-07
Southbury, CT
TP-Link Archer C7

geek

Premium Member

More bandwidth will definitely help but you really need something above 4Mbps for good quality video from the site.

Some useful information-
»www.streamingmedia.com/A ··· 302.aspx

btB
@rr.com

btB to sparek

Anon

to sparek
Even with 1.5mb/s, I find ESPN3 is almost always one-bar & blurry. Probably a minimum of 3 is what you need in my opinion. Either that or find a pirated stream more suited for slower speeds.