join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to ZZZZZZZ

Re: Getting weird error with my portable apps

said by ZZZZZZZ:

Was getting that popup with any portable app that I tried..........as I haven't rebooted into my W2K drive yet,I'll see if it's still a problem later.

Hmm. Maybe there's a communication problem. In your original post, you stated: "All of a sudden when trying to open Opera usb, I'm getting this popup", immediately above which was a picture of a Directory Hog error message. Did you perhaps mean that with Opera you were getting that kind of error message, though with an Opera title reference instead of the pictured Directory Hog one? That does certainly make a difference...
--
“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.” A. de Tocqueville

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
We'll I've tried everything I can think of,including replacing the gdi32.dll with one from the dllcache,ran sfc,did an Erunt restore .

This only happens with portable apps as everything works otherwise..........and the funny part is that as soon as I close the popup the app opens.

Looks like I'll have to restore an image.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
Yup restoring am image worked.

Can't quite figure why the popup only happened when trying to open a portable app.........doesn't make sense.

Another computer mystery.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~