uniqs
share rss forum feed

momcat1
No Relation To The Bobcat

join:2002-10-21
Wappingers Falls, NY
reply to Thinkdiff

Re: Why is Optimum Holding Back Android App

I'm not even counting DVR, since I have no use for it.

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11

Sounds like you're "not counting" a lot of things just because they're of no interest to you. Doesn't change the fact that CV has been more progressive/aggressive with new technologies compared to other large cable companies.
--
University of Southern California - Fight On!

momcat1

Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

OK, that makes no sense, whatever. DVR is one feature - one.

Yes, it's of no interest to me to tack on an extra $10 a month to record useless pap, so I can watch it again later. I wasn't going to watch it anyway. The stuff I do want to watch later is either on free pay per view or netflix or the network is re-running it so many times even I can recite the script.

anonn

@optonline.net
reply to Thinkdiff

said by Thinkdiff:

Doesn't change the fact that CV has been more progressive/aggressive with new technologies compared to other large cable companies.

Like that great new channel guide that's been on hiatus since early October because they couldn't figure out to properly program it, while other companies have already had much more advanced UIs for years.

momcat1

Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by anonn :

Like that great new channel guide that's been on hiatus since early October because they couldn't figure out to properly program it, while other companies have already had much more advanced UIs for years.

Didn't I mention that like 3 days ago? yeah, I thought so.

RayGeode

join:2004-07-21
Norwalk, CT
reply to Thinkdiff

Channel guide looks slicker than before but no better functionality. Still see only about 5 channels at a time. Where is the live thumbnail when surfing live ? Please, uverse outclasses by far.

pa prowler

join:2003-09-11
Matamoras, PA

Very true. . . after living with it for a while, the novelty of the new look wore off, and I'm becoming aware of how it lags starting around 11PM when the date would change on the old guide. Same issues. . . picture and sound freezes, no program titles, no info. . . it behaves like this for an hour or more. I have two SA boxes with the same issue.

momcat1

Wappingers Falls, NY
Reviews:
·Optimum Online

said by pa prowler:

Very true. . . after living with it for a while, the novelty of the new look wore off, and I'm becoming aware of how it lags starting around 11PM when the date would change on the old guide. Same issues. . . picture and sound freezes, no program titles, no info. . . it behaves like this for an hour or more. I have two SA boxes with the same issue.

I'm confused. Are you describing the Android app, that's nowhere to be found? Or the new guide that we haven't seen either. This topic is about the Android app.

pa prowler

join:2003-09-11
Matamoras, PA

Sorry, momcat, I was referring to the new guide and not the Android app (which I am patiently waiting for). I should have minded the topic of the thread.