spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ctech99

join:2010-02-16
reply to jcremin

Re: Homebrew DSL

Wow thats perfect, and now that you have a cheap lead on poles. Lucky. I was told down here they are $30/pole/year.

Is that community you are looking at local? Take me along!!! ;P

jcremin

join:2009-12-22
Siren, WI
kudos:3
said by ctech99:

Wow thats perfect, and now that you have a cheap lead on poles. Lucky. I was told down here they are $30/pole/year.

Yeah, it just happens to be the rate they set like 30 years ago when the CATV providers wanted to use the poles, and they said it wouldn't be fair to charge us more than they were charging someone else. They admitted they should probably revisit them someday, but that the increase probably wouldn't be significant. Heck, even if they raised the rates to double or triple, I would still view it as very reasonable.

said by ctech99:

Is that community you are looking at local? Take me along!!! ;P

It's Crosslake Communications in Crosslake, MN. They have been very open to talking about their project and were more than willing to give me a tour and show me what they have done, and what they wish they would have done differently. The only thing better than learning from your own mistakes is learning from someone else's.

Semaphore
Premium
join:2003-11-18
kudos:1
said by jcremin:

said by ctech99:

... and they said it wouldn't be fair to charge us more than they were charging someone else...

ROFL. Fair ? What a concept

Around here, not being one of 'the three' means they gouge, screw, rape and pillage you for all they can... and of course the gov. funds them up the ass but a competitor gets nuthin because they aren't 'big enough' ... Oh how I dream of even a near to fair market