I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA

NormanS to Juggernaut

MVM

to Juggernaut

Re: Opera's site hit by Blackhole malvertising, says Bitdefender

So how is Fx+NoScript different from Opera? I have JS disabled globally in Opera. As I recall, from having had Fx+NoScript, one can set per site permissions for JS. Same as Opera.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

1 edit

therube

quote:
So what, if you wanted to use Youtube, you'd have to: F12 | Edit | Scripting | Enable (& then refresh the page)?
F12 | 'A' | Ctrl+R. Not that bad I suppose.

And if you wanted JavaScript at Opera, you'd have to do the same?

And if you allowed JavaScript at opera.com, JavaScript at that injected page on opera.com, hosted at malwaresite.com, still would not run, is that how it is?

So with Opera you are essentially whitelisting particular sites to begin with, or enabling a site as needed, & then seemingly leaving it enabled (because it gets to be too much trouble to go back & disable)?

And how does that work out on sites that use, need many different domains allowed, like those "cdn" domains, or even the many google domains, googleapis or whatever?

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA

NormanS

MVM

As I recall about NoScript, being asked on every site visit was sufficiently annoying that the user tended to execute the site whitelist option; essentially how Opera works.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube

quote:
F12 | 'A' | Ctrl+R. Not that bad I suppose.
Or you could drag a (quite ugly IMO) JavaScript button to the navigation bar. (Though I'd be quicker with the keyboard shortcuts.)

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

sivran

Premium Member

Or use Edit Site Preferences on the context menu.

NormanS
MVM
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to therube

MVM

to therube
said by therube:

Or you could drag a (quite ugly IMO) JavaScript button to the navigation bar. (Though I'd be quicker with the keyboard shortcuts.)

I prefer sivran See Profile's method. Just a right-click away ...

Right-click, context menu.