All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
anthor12
join:2012-11-11

anthor12 to Shadow

to Shadow

Re: [OOL] cablevision/optimum intermitten internet drops

Yes been experiencing that for the last week and this week. Pages taking more than 5 to 8 minutes to load. I live in zip code 11206.

A tech told me it's a service outage issue. I've talked to a few people around the area that have OOL and have the same issues.
broadband412
join:2003-06-17
Brooklyn, NY

broadband412

This is absolutely ridiculous. I previously had a Motorola Surfboard SBV5120 exchanged for an Arris Touchstone TM822 telephony modem on Tuesday because of this exact issue and now today the issue started up again as of about 10:30PM or so. Anthor12, are you currently having trouble? If so when did it start for you. If not, when was the last time you experienced trouble. Shadow, are you also in the zip code 11206?
anthor12
join:2012-11-11

anthor12

Last night around midnight had some slow down last around half an hour.

Tonight had similar issue around that time 10:30-11pm...for about 15mins.

Now it's working normally.

There is still a service outage issue for zip 11206 which they are still fixing because when I call them the automated voice says it.

Oh and when it happens the lights are working normally, except the link light gives a 2sec pause indicating there is packet loss issue.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

The link light only relates to the ethernet interface of the modem, i.e. the connection from modem to router/pc. If the problem truly is with that, it is not an area problem. More likely, any observation with the link light is pure coincidence and unrelated to your actual problem, especially if CV has a problem listed in your area.
broadband412
join:2003-06-17
Brooklyn, NY

broadband412 to anthor12

to anthor12
Having issues with OOL right now. When the problem is occurring, I do a speed test and the download speed comes back fine but the upload part of the test either fails or comes back low at around 0.8 Mbps or lower. This is making me want to switch back to Verizon as I never really had any problems with them except that it was much slower than OOL but at least it was steady and never had any of the problems I am having now with OOL.