uniqs

RyanG1
Premium Member
join:2002-02-10
San Antonio, TX

RyanG1

Premium Member

Re: ASA vs ZBFW

Yea i ran a debug on both and logged all traffic and the only difference is that the asa doesnt bind the global public port to the same inside local port and IOS does. I dont think this is the reasoning behind it and i may just put my ASA back in front and have it handle all NAT.

Honestly if i could find even one shred of info as to how the xbox live service tests, im sure i could find the reasoning to whats going on here but... meh... nothing.

I just hate situations where it feels like a simple issue but the lack of information about the problem grinds everything to a halt. It also bugs me since i cant figure it out lol.

Who knows maybe someone will google search this and come up with an answer to this burning question...and should i come across the solution ill post it =)

I agree though, the asa product is a rather nice piece of hardware and i find it very simple to manage compared to the ordeal of ZBFW haha.

Ryan
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

said by RyanG1:

Honestly if i could find even one shred of info as to how the xbox live service tests, im sure i could find the reasoning to whats going on here but... meh... nothing.

Wireshark it? But I feel your pain. I got a doozy of a one at work... ipad + ios 5 or 6 + two redundant pods of firewalls, POD A is one revision of code behind POD B. Go thru one pod, it works; go thru the other one it borks. Last I heard, SOMEone (not me thankfully) has to put in a call to Apple to see why their wonderful new toy is acting so screwy.

Regards