uniqs
share rss forum feed

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1

[Anime] [Manga] Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san

So, one of of the mangas that I really enjoyed has come to an end, Katekyo Hitman Reborn and I see now that the author of that manga is starting a new one named Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san. I tried Google'ing and searching online to find out some information about what this series is about, but haven't found any kind of synopsis or Wiki on it.

Anyone familiar with this one? What's it about? Is it any good?
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:4
Since I am too lazy to wiki it, what chapter did Katekyo Hitman Reborn end on. It was one of the few series that I was collecting in actual print until VIZ pulled the plug after volume 16 or something. I read it online for a bit but faded shortly after. Does it finish the story in some fashion or is it "and we are done" type ending?

captokita
Premium
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC
reply to Alpha Phoenix
I couldn't get into Reborn, and didn't get into the anime either. As for the new one, I'd not heard of it, but then, I don't keep up with new mangas. I usually only get into them from an anime, then go find them afterward.

Currently reading Bleach, Fairy Tail, Mysterious Girlfriend X, and a couple of others that I look up from time to time. Just Bleach and FT are weekly. I used to read Naruto, but fell away from it quite some time ago.

How bout that Bleach manga currently? Holy hell I want to see this animated.

DMWCincy

join:2004-04-27
Fairfield, OH
reply to Alpha Phoenix
Reborn turned out to be a good series. Was sad to see it finish but felt he picked a good spot for it. Seems like too may manga run way to long. I'll have to look up his new manga now.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY
kudos:1
reply to hitachi369
It ended on chapter 409. It was a conclusion to the story, and a final farewell type thing.

I didn't like how the series started out. Very kiddie and hookey, and basically pretty stupid. It was started out as a gag comic, but later one turned into a battle manga. THAT'S when it got really good. Kind of felt a bit like a mesh between Bleach and Dragon Ball Z.
--
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium
join:2001-10-03
Grand Rapids, MI
kudos:4
said by Alpha Phoenix:

It ended on chapter 409. It was a conclusion to the story, and a final farewell type thing.

I didn't like how the series started out. Very kiddie and hookey, and basically pretty stupid. It was started out as a gag comic, but later one turned into a battle manga. THAT'S when it got really good. Kind of felt a bit like a mesh between Bleach and Dragon Ball Z.

I agree with you on the start, horrible, but I really liked it afterwards.
--
STOP THE NSA WIRETAPS

They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security
~Benjamin Franklin