Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

rradina

join:2000-08-08
Chesterfield, MO

1 recommendation

Charter's Financial Condition

Does Charter have the financial capability to do something like this? They've been dealing with a heavy debt load after they went on an acquisition tear in the late 90s before the .com bubble burst. I hope Tom knows what he's doing.

I've been reasonably happy with their services and ability to advance their products. I hope Tom doesn't think like the banks and believe that bigger must be better. Charter seemed to be headed in the direction of realizing that data rather than traditional video packages might have the brightest future. I know cable is losing video customers but it seems that pain is offset since telco is letting DSL die while they focus on wireless.

tshirt
Premium,MVM
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Comcast

They all have debt, charter's main problem is lack of cashflow, which they can temporarily solve with new subs.
Eventually, the new debt will come due, and they will be back where they are now times 2..unless they raise prices on broadband.
It's about buying some time, and being too big to fail. (ie Hoping for another writedown from creditors (or finding a new batch of suckers)