said by Snakeoil:
Hmm, Pretty interesting Blizzard didn't slip Warden into WOW
1. Warden has been in WoW from the very, very beginning.
2. WoW before release had a native client for Linux, version 0.7 was the first "windows only" (Mac came later).
3. Warden looks for Wine and changes behavior to SUPPORT it, WineHQ has details.
4. Bans regarding Warden in Wine have happened before, frequently, and to date have 100% resulted in a refund, apology, and rumored leaked 'patches' for bugs in Wine.
5. Blizzard has had a "don't ask don't tell" type relationship with Linux and WoW since they removed the native linux client in version 0.7.
6. The strong major majority were playing WoW on Linux without issue during the "everyone is getting baned on Linux" FUD stories were running.
This is a story of impatience, not deception and untruths, and Wine being buggy.--
Show off that hardware: join Team Discovery and Team Helix