uniqs
share rss forum feed

Edrick
I aspire to tell the story of a lifetime
Premium
join:2004-09-11
Woburn, MA

Changing Outbound DID Per Extension on a PRI Trixbox

Trying to figure out if this is possible, can you change the outbound DID that is displayed to the person being called on a PRI Trunk? I tried changing it in trixbox but no dice. I am using the DIDs provided by the provider so it's not like they don't own that number. It's from XO. Is this something that needs to be done in the cisco router?

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico

Does the PRI provider allow any outbound caller ID ? In my case, I used to have a PRI with Bell Canada that would allow any outbound Caller ID. We switched that to a Telus PRI and they only allowed us to set the Caller ID to the DIDs assigned to that PRI. We had to put in a special request and sign a waiver for them to allow us to use any Caller ID.
If you have several DIDs on your PRI, try changing the outbound caller ID between those DIDs to see if it the setting actually works, then you know if the issue is with Trixbox or with the PRI.
--
Providers: voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro through asterisk. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

Edrick
Premium
Woburn, MA

It seems to me the setting is either provider side or at least termination point (Cisco) as in trixbox the only trunk is the zaptel and the setting inside there isn't providing DID. I'll have to get XO on the horn and see what they suggest, problem being they don't support Trixbox and as soon as you mention it they clam up it seems.

toro

join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Rogers Hi-Speed
·Bell Sympatico

said by Edrick:

It seems to me the setting is either provider side or at least termination point (Cisco) as in trixbox the only trunk is the zaptel and the setting inside there isn't providing DID. I'll have to get XO on the horn and see what they suggest, problem being they don't support Trixbox and as soon as you mention it they clam up it seems.

I don't know what the Trixbox settings look like (I use plain vanilla Asterisk), but in my case I didn't set anything about the caller ID in the Zaptel or DAHDI configuration. I set it in the SIP accounts and it gets passed properly to the PRI.
--
Providers: voip.ms, freephoneline, smartcall.ro through asterisk. Hardware: Vonage VDV21, Moto VT2x42, Linksys SPA series, Grandstream HT series, Panasonic KX-TGP5x0
»www.voipfan.net

Edrick
Premium
Woburn, MA

When you say sip accounts are you talking on each extension? Each extension has an option to override the Outbound DID per extension but that doesn't seem to work.

royrogers

join:2012-10-17
reply to Edrick

If you specify a CID for the trunk, it will override any CID for an extension. You have to have no CID set in the trunk for extension-based CID to work.

Edrick
Premium
Woburn, MA

There is no "trunk" in TrixBox in this instance it's just the zaptel and the zaptel in trixbox has no CID configured. I'll have to check with XO to see what their saying is.