share rss forum feed

CylonRed
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County
reply to antdude

Re: How long do Linksys routers last?

quote:
WRT54GL seems to be having random and rare wired network disconnection problems with my computers and cable modem,
The cable modem should be in front of the router I would think. Highly doubt the router is causing a modem issue.

Explain the issue (any and all symptoms) and the steps you have taken to find the cause of the issue.
--
Brian

"It drops into your stomach like a Abrams's tank.... driven by Rosanne Barr..." A. Bourdain

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by CylonRed:

quote:
WRT54GL seems to be having random and rare wired network disconnection problems with my computers and cable modem,
The cable modem should be in front of the router I would think. Highly doubt the router is causing a modem issue.

Explain the issue (any and all symptoms) and the steps you have taken to find the cause of the issue.

I am not losing cable modem connection. My LAN computers seem to lose connections through network cables every morning for two seconds each per day. I am still trying to figure this out.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Zach1
Premium
join:2006-11-26
NW Minnesota
said by antdude:

I am not losing cable modem connection. My LAN computers seem to lose connections through network cables every morning for two seconds each per day. I am still trying to figure this out.

Are you using DHCP to assign IPs? If so, are your lease times set to expire after 24 hours?
--
Zach

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by Zach1:

said by antdude:

Are you using DHCP to assign IPs? If so, are your lease times set to expire after 24 hours?

I am using static IP addresses for the wired computers. However, I have not seen this problem for a couple days so far...