how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

caca

@rogers.com
reply to Ree

Re: [Extreme Plus] speed test

my connection says gigabit Ethernet and when i use newsgroups i was getting same speeds as the 75/2 so not sure whats going on or how to check for sure am getting 150/10 since am paying for that

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2
Run a couple different online speedtests. Works like a charm.........

JAC70

join:2008-10-20
canada
reply to caca
Your usenet provider probably can't/won't send at 150Mbps. I can't max out my connection with Newshosting, as an example. Who is your usenet provider?

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2

1 edit
Only one answer to that problem...PRIVATE TRACKER. I have been able to max out my connection with enough seeders, that's only possible on private tracker. Anything public and you are asking for slow speed, even usenet is technically speed limited based on the server.

Edit: Almost forgot, youtube can max out that 150mbps as well, only in 1080p though and it must be a rogers toronto server and it must be off peak hours lol, otherwise its about 25-100mbps as it varies a lot

caca

@rogers.com
so might as well down grade whats the point of paying for this if i can`t max and provider is astraweb

BTW THX for answers

JAC70

join:2008-10-20
canada
You need a different usenet provider anyway. Since Astra has automated their DMCA takedowns, they're not worth using. Or so I've heard.

I get 14-16 MB/s with Newshosting and 30 connections. If you want to pay for it, you can get 60 connections.

Check here for better choices than Astra.
»www.ngrblog.com/