spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sometwo

join:2008-12-28

What the heck is SL doing messing with Google SSL Cert?

I haven't used up my bandwidth allowance either.

Cabal
Premium
join:2007-01-21
If you temporarily accept it, does it take you to an account redirect page?
--
If you can't open it, you don't own it.

Sometwo

join:2008-12-28
Yup, it does. Thanks I thought SL redirects all sites, not just Google. I also didn't know they block you like this way before you go over your limit...

arandomguy

@suddenlink.net
Nope, it doesn't block all sites, just most search engines and some sites like amazon and e-bay. The first time this happened to me I was actually forced into using another DNS because even after all the verification cap it was still blocking some sites. It seems like they fixed that little error, but I don't plan on using SL's DNs again in the near future at the very least.

jdmm72

join:2002-02-12
Nitro, WV
reply to Sometwo
Oh, that's golden, I though SL stopped this crap for the time being, guess not!!!

areacode304

join:2006-08-26
WV
said by jdmm72:

Oh, that's golden, I though SL stopped this crap for the time being, guess not!!!

I have been told by at least four customer service reps that there are no plans to institute caps in WV. Of course, that's probably just another in a long line of outright lies and other such bullshit that we customers have been subjected to by Suddenlink.

jdmm72

join:2002-02-12
Nitro, WV
reply to Sometwo
We have been told that it was "put on hold" nationwide, because of my discrepancies during power outages during the 2012 derecho. (According to SL, I used 12-14GB of data while my power was out, and was on vacation the week before.)

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2
Pretty sure it was because of more than JUST you, lol, but yeah.